I got this recipe off of Kirsten Rasmussen's blog. I made them and brought them to a Christmas Party. Several people have asked me for the recipe, so thanks to Kirsten, here you go.
Andes Mint (or Peppermint) Cookies
3/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 T. water
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Andes Mints (or the peppermint ones for the holidays)
Melt butter, brown sugar, and water in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and then add the chocolate chips, stirring until completely melted. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour this in a mixing bowl and beat in 2 eggs. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together and chill for about 45 minutes. Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. When cookies come out of oven, place an Andes mint on top of each cookie and allow to melt for a few minutes. Swirl the melted chocolate like icing. Allow to cool. Eat immediately!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Andes Mint Cookies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Those look AMAZING!
Those look so good. I'll have to try making them with the kids!
I've made them before, they are SO good, dangerously good!
Mmmmm!
Stopping by to wish you a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna
Looks like alot of steps, but so delicious I might have to try anyways. Thanks for the recipe -I'll let you know how they turn out...
mmmmm...I can't wait to make these. Scott loves anything MINT! Hope you guys had a great Christmas and even a happier New Year!
Yikes! I must, must try this recipe. Like, right now. YUM!!
Thanks for posting the recipe! James ate one of your cookies at the Christmas party and immediately said, "you NEED to find out who made these and get the recipe". Like a good wife I forgot about it, so I am glad other people had an interest in them so I can act like I remembered. Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas.
Post a Comment