Friday, July 24, 2009

"Well what do you know...it IS true!"

I just returned from feeding a friends dog while they are out of town. My plan was to get home then have the kids pick up before Paul gets home. Cannon wanted to stay home while the other three and I went to feed Max (my friend's dog). When we got home I was surprised to see that cannon had the fort in the living room all put away, couches pushed back into their place and the carpet was vacuumed. I was so surprised and super PLEASED!!!! I hugged him and kissed his forehead and praised him like crazy. He comes to me in the kitchen and says

Cannon- "Well what do you know....it is true!"
Me-What's true?
Cannon-Remember the scripture you read to us about serving others...and you told us that serving others was the only way to find true happiness?...I found happiness!

8 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Wow! Now that is a moment in good parenting! ...which I know you have often, but this one is so obvious.

Gwen Hawkins said...

That is awesome!!! What a sweet boy Cannon is!

The Millers said...

I thought you had fallen off the blogging planet. What a great story! It must be sweet to hear your kids making good connections with the gospel. How fun!

Miranda said...

That is such a sweet story. Your kids are GOOD kids and you can tell they have GREAT parents! We all wish for moments like that!

BTW- so glad to see you back in the blogging world! I am so grateful to you for making Arden's skirt! Thank you sooooooo much!

kelly said...

That is so cute! I hope that my kids can all find happiness in that very same way...

Jen and Mondel said...

It is those kinds of moments that help me remember that it is all worth it.

Jessica Havican said...

What a swell kid! It must be because he has swell parents!:-)

Margaret said...

What a cute kid. Glad he found happiness :)