Monday, October 12, 2009

Recent Family Fun

Heidi turned 9 late last month. This is my first attempt at a tiered cake and my first time using fondant with out help. Heidi loved it and felt special. Mission accomplished!


Instead of throwing birthday "parties" we have been letting our children pick a friend or two and we take them on an outing of some kind. It makes life simpler and cheaper. Heidi, Kayla, and Marin enjoyed some grown up girl time getting their nails done at Milan Beauty School. I brought some Pottery Barn magazines to look at while they waited for their manicure. Aren't they DARLING!!!! Sweet, good natured, innocent, tender girls having a wholesome good giggling fun time together and creating memories. To me.... pure JOY!

That's my Cha Cha!

Heidi being the little lady she is...and TALKING the ear off her manicurist. All I have to say is money well spent!!! I sat back, let the girls enjoy some pampering while I looked at Potter Barn Catalogs. $30.00 later my house was still clean and the girls were happy as can be. There is no way I could have done a party as cheep or stress-free.



Kayla just received the Character award at school. LOVE that!

Jet and I went to Gwens house to visit our new little 3 week old niece Colby. I can't believe I didn't get a pic with her that day. Jet got came out wearing Liv's Mickey Mouse ears. Too darling not to document. He LOVES LOVES LOVES Mickey Mouse. Sleeps with his Baby Mickey often!This is a pic of Colby Jane Zambrana and I at the hospital. She was less then a day old. I fell in love. She is just perfect and soooo beautiful!


Today was the first day I sent the girls to school in warm clothes. They almost never dress alike these days. They looked so cute it made my heart melt this morning. I had to take some pics before sending them off to school. I found those sweaters at Wallmart last year for $3.00. They each have one in pink and cream.

This pose was Cannon's lovely idea. The girls thought it be funny and I knew I could get some REAL smiles out of them doing this. Good enough me me.



Heidi got this neclace from Stacy Miller when she got baptized. Heidi quickly broke the chain and I never remembered to replace it. Heidi showed Grandma Z her locket...problem solved. Grandma gave her a NICE chain AND put a pic of Heidi's choosing in the locket.
Thank you Stacy! I'm happy to report that the only time that Heidi takes it off is in the shower. The outside of the locket says I Am A Child of God and I love it! This is one of my favorite quotes of all time regarding the FACT that we are God's Children.

”We are Gods children, and if we ever got that through our heads thoroughly, and understood that completely. We would never do a small thing, We would never say a cross word. We would not use bad language. We would not criticize anybody. We would love everyone the way the Savior loves us. As I have loved you, love one another.”
Sis Hinkley






What can I say. Life has been very good! We've been thrown some curve balls and things are not certain or predictable but I still feel so peaceful. Paul is my FOREVER LOVE! We are enjoying our little family so much these days. Our children are curious, faithful, respectful, happy, healthy, darling, and hilarious. Loving and enjoying them is effortless for me! We've started a new tradition of walking after family dinner (family dinners are my favorite part of the day) a few nights a week. (LOVING that fact that Paul is licensed and does NOT have to study all the time. YAY!) We are in the popcorn game phase of family scripture study. We read and stop at any time...could be several verses or one word...say Popcorn...then call on another family member to pick up where we left off. It's been fun and insures that everybody is paying attention and reading along with us. We pray as a family morning and night and have FHE. I am sharing this with you all for a couple reasons... I am grateful for the ideas you've shared and thought I'd share some with you. Most importantly, I hope my children will want to do the same when they are parents ...when life is smooth or when curve balls are sent their way. I know that Obedience to the commandments = peace and happiness. Simple as that. There is nothing I want more then to have my children to know what I know, for themselves! I attribute every good thing I have in my life to doing my VERY BEST (I do nothing perfectly) to follow the commandments.I know we have commandments/trials because Heavenly Father loves us, wants us to learn and grow to our full potential and wants to bless us with all that he has. No price was to high for him to pay for our eternal happiness....he gave his only begotten son.I love my Heavenly Father and my older brother and Savior Jesus Christ. My life's aspiration is to live worthy to return to them and to return WITH my family!

8 comments:

AngelaBeth said...

That cakes looks perfect! As does little Heidi sitting perfectly crosslegged at the manicure counter. What a little beautie! They're just like their hot momma!

The Millers said...

Great update! Awesome cake i must say, especially with no help. I bet it was delicious too! Heidi is a doll! All your kids are pretty cute actually! I love that birthday idea though, good fun at a great price. That probably means a lot more to your kids than a high priced party. I am glad to hear that Paul is licensed! WOO HOO!!! I am also glad that Heidi loves he necklace, thank goodness to Grandma for fixing it! We are never too young or too old to remember that we are a child of God! Glad to hear things are good. Popcorn reading is the best too! What a fun phase of life you're at with you kids!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Love the "cheek to cheek" shot....has the famous Zambooty been passed on??

Krista Gage said...

ALL but Jet have a form of the Zambooty. It's the kind of love that trickles down for many many generations.

bretandjulie said...

Love the pics of the girls, and Jet with his mouse ears on. So glad that you can enjoy family walks in the evenings, that sounds wonderful! Hope you're having a happy birthday today!

Miranda said...

Krista,
I love the wonderful update of your family. All the pictures are so cute. I LOVE the cake you made, good job!! I am SUPER impressed! Thank you for all of your inspirational messages. I needed those reminders. Sometimes it is so easy to get caught up in the nitty gritty of parenting and responsibilities. I need to step back more often and remember who I am and what we as a family are trying to accomplish together. I miss you and HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!

kelly said...

great post as always, love the birthday idea. I'm thinking of trying to get the boys to agree to picking a few friends and going to the $3 movie theatre

Margaret said...

The cake looks great. Very impressive for your first attempt.