Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Afternoon



My sister-in-law Hulio (AKA Julie Harrison) just came to town. She always helps Mom Gage with picture updates. It is time for Mom's grandchild wall (or shrine) to get updated. Hulio asked if I'd take some current pics of my babies. Today after church I put my little Gagelets on the cat walk. This is what we came up with.

As I look at these pictures it sinks in pretty deep that there is no such thing as prettier or better then. I love all of my children and think they are all knock outs. They are all different and I couldn't tell you who is more attractive then the other.

When I think about their personalities I couldn't say one it better or more desirable then an other. All of my children are very social and playful (who would have thought..........both Paul and I are pretty social and playful) but they are very different from each other. Cannon is so curious and wants to know how things work and why things happen. He is constantly seeking for understanding and answers. Lucky for him he has a very well rounded and knowledgeable father. I often tell him to remember that question and ask Dad when he gets home. Cannon loves to wrestle but dislikes team sports or anything that requires running. He is learning how to do a flip on the trampoline. I'm hoping he has an interest in diving when he gets older. Many of my brothers were divers and I think it's a fun sport to watch.

Heidi on the other hand is totally oblivious and rarely asks questions. Heidi has an extra tender and sweet demeanor. She is easy to please and tends to have a smile on her face. She is in a lot of ways the sunshine of our family. She loves to sing and dance! She also loves to be active. She is constantly climbing trees, swinging on a swing or crossing monkey bars. Her upper body strength is amazing. I plan on putting her in gymnastics and voice lessons after Paul gets his Architecture License.

Kayla is my boldest child. She is very intelligent and verbal. She is the life of the party kind of girl. So many adults tell me about funny conversations they have with Kayla. She also loves to sing and dance. Luckily both girls like to wear dresses and have their hair done. Kayla has a lot of inner spark and determination in her. Her strong will is a huge asset to her personality!

Then there's Jet. Jet is a comedian!!! He just turned two but he has quite the personalty. He has been cracking jokes since he was 8 months old. I remember driving in the van and Cannon needed to blow his nose. Jet watched Cannon Blow his nose then started to laugh. Then he made a raspberry noise to imitate Cannon and started to bust out in a huge laughter. At 8 months old he was cracking his first joke and hasn't stopped making me laugh since. He is also a great cuddler. He has been my most active and my most affectionate baby.

So my point is ........I couldn't pick a favorite personalty or a better looking child out of my four. It makes me solidify my opinion that everybody is lovable and attractive in their own way. There is no need to compete or compare ourselves. There should be no room in our heart for envy or jealousy. We need to rejoice in each others successes and be happy for each other!

3 comments:

Bret said...

Thanks for taking the pictures, they turned out great! They'll be up on the wall by tomorrow. They are all such cuties. We have loved spending time with you all and Kristen loves playing with her cousins.

Kirsten said...

These look great!! You have sweet looking children. I love their outfits!

kelly said...

I love what you wrote! You stick out in my mind as someone that has always made me feel better about myself. I love how you see the best traits in people, I think that's how we should all be.