Friday, February 22, 2008

The True Story of Baby Jet

All of the third graders at Red Bank write a story. The best 10 books get sent to the county and they have a reception of some kind for the kids and parents for the selected books. I don't know how many of you have read a book called "The dairy of a Worm" to your kids. It's a funny book and Cannon did a spin off of it and called it "The True Dairy of Baby Jet". I loved the idea. Cannon came up with all the experiences in the book (they all happened in real life)and I helped him finalize the wording. His book is in the top ten and we are invited to the reception (what ever that means). It seems like a neat way to praise the kids. I can't put Cannons pictures on here but I thought the story was so cute you might like to read it. Here it goes.



The True Diary of
Baby Jet








By: Cannon Gage
Author and Illustrator


January 5th
My mom pinches my cheeks way to much. Even if I use all my strength to get away and scream nobody comes to my rescue. They think I’m being “cute”. My mom says baby chub is better then play dough. I really don’t get it.
January 12th
I love bath time! After I’m all clean my dad picks me up, wraps me in Cannon’s dragon towel, rocks me back and forth, and sings “Who’s my happy baby?”. I can’t help but laugh. My mom bought me the ducky towel, but I like Cannon’s dragon towel more. With a little bit of my irresistible charm, I got what I wanted. Being the baby definitely has its perks.
January 14th
While Cannon was playing Pin Ball I turned the computer off. He never saw it coming. I know he was laughing inside even if he was mad on the outside. I just gave him a hug and we fell down. All was forgiven after that.


January 16th
Today I had three dirty diapers. One of them even leaked on the floor. Mom always says it’s a good thing I’m cute!!!! My sisters say that my stink is so BIG that it smells like elephant poop.
January 20th
Cannon gives me the weirdest nick names. The newest nick name is Jetocuteo. He says it’s my Pokemon name. Who knows what he’s talking about? Not me, that’s for sure.

January 22nd
Today Dad took the toilet out of the bathroom and drug it into the back yard. He found the tooth brush I put into it yesterday. He wasn’t very happy with me. I tried to look as innocent as I could but I still got a time out. I’ll never do that again!


January 27th

My mom is NOT as sneaky as she thinks she is. She put broccoli in my Mac-N-Cheese. I did not fall for that one. I’d rather go hungry!


January 30th
I love to walk around the house wearing my sister’s princess shoes. They make a great clicking noise on the wood floors and I look good! I wonder why everybody laughs at me.

4 comments:

Candice said...

What a cleaver and cute story. Cannon is so creative.

Tad and Jennifer said...

Cute story!! Were you guys laughing when Cannon shared it with you. What a creative young man.

GREENLAW said...

what a cute story! congratulations!! :)

Pollock Palooza said...

I could NOT stop laughing at the toothbrush in the toilet. I had mental pictures of Paul taking the toilet in the back yard! HA!