Heidi just came out of her room VERY excited. She was standing in a bouncey sort of way when she came to tell me that she saw a shooting star. Her brown eyes were as wide as pretty brown eyes could be and had an equally huge smile. She was supposed to be sleeping but I guess she was looking out her window instead. Typically I am very strict when it comes to bed time but I couldn't reprimand her at all because she came to me with such a cheerful demeanor and I could see pure joy in her eyes. I asked her if she made a wish. She said yes and she didn't want to tell me what she wished for. She asked me if I have eve seen a shooting star before. I told her that I have and that Grandpa Z also loved to look at the stars. She bounced, hugged me with a little giggle, and with her bright happy face went back down the hall into her room. Childhood is precious!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh what a sweet, sweet story. Aren't you so glad you have this blog so you can have this story forever? :))
Oh how special are the little ones. Stars in the sky and stars in their eyes. Yes, Grandpa loves the stars, especially the shooting one. The heavens are special and so are my grandchildren. I love to read the stories in the Book of Mormon when Christ bless the children and the angles ministered to them (see 3 Ne 17: 21-24)
21 And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.
22 And when he had done this he wept again;
23 And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them: Behold your little ones.
24 And as they looked to behold they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens open, and they saw angels descending out of heaven as it were in the midst of fire; and they came down and encircled those little ones about, and they were encircled about with fire; and the angels did minister unto them.
25 And the multitude did see and hear and bear record; and they know that their record is true for they all of them did see and hear, every man for himself; and they were in number about two thousand and five hundred souls; and they did consist of men, women, and children.
And also in 3Ne 26: 14 And it came to pass that he did teach and minister unto the children of the multitude of whom hath been spoken, and he did loose their tongues, and they did speak unto their fathers great and marvelous things, even greater than he had revealed unto the people; and he loosed their tongues that they could utter. and vs: 16 Behold, it came to pass on the morrow that the multitude gathered themselves together, and they both saw and heard these children; yea, even babes did open their mouths and utter marvelous things; and the things which they did utter were forbidden that there should not any man write them.
Now I ask you, how marvelous is that to have these babies talk and tell them things from beyond the veil? So marvelous that they could not write them. With God all things are possible.
I love my babies, Aaron, Jenifer, Garth, Gwen, Krista, Gabe, Tony, and all of my grandbabies. Grandpa Z
Thats cute. I so love blogs for journaling purposes like this.I think it's so important to write down these memories because we wont remember them otherwise..
Very Sweet Krista!! Heidi Dawn melts my heart!
That is very sweet. I think it was a long while before I ever saw one.
That is too sweet! I love shooting stars.
I love Heidi! She is absolutely a pure joy because of her excitement in life! She just seems like the sunshine is always beaming! She must have been so excited to see that shooting star!
what a cute story!! one to remember... and aren't you so glad it's written down?? :)
How neat. Being a child is always so magical.
This story almost makes me want...nah, nevermind, lol. I love the last sentance, Childhood is precious, so very true. Btw, you have serious friends on this thing!!
Post a Comment