Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pauls Birthday Night at Yosemite Ranch

Starting from front left side and working to the back:
Tod Dunning, Danny and Denise Sampson, Jason and Katrina Reider
Right side from front to back:
Tracy dunning, Dennis and Jill Shelly, Paul and Krista Gage

The top picture is better of some people but you can't see Dennis and Jill in it so I posted both pictures.


THANK YOU to everybody that came!!!! I know Paul felt special and we had a GREAT time with you all as usual. We were a pretty big group so it took a long while to get seated, even though I called ahead to get on the waiting list. It worked out good though. It just gave us more time to visit with eachother. I have to say that I LOVE our church family. We could have easily added a hundred more people to our night out. We have been blessed with SO MANY AMAZING relationships in our ward and we LOVE them ALL!

When I invited everybody I told them the RULE was that there were to be NO gifts! Tracy shocked Paul (me at least) with a hilarious card. Dennis and Jill gave Paul (RULE BREAKERS!) a book on one liners. Dennis told Paul the one liners in the book were clean. Paul replied, "Then this is no good to me." Such a witty man, that one. He is FULL of one liners. I LOVE HIM!

Also a HUGE THANK YOU to my Dad for babysitting. Kayla got sick that day and threw up in the afternoon. I called my Dad to tell him about Kayla being sick. With out hesitating he said he wanted us to go out and not worry about him taking care of the kids. Thankfully Kayla only threw up the one time for me. Dad said she was fine for him. They got to hang out at G and G Z's place and take a bubble bath in their huge tub. Being with Grandparents is such a highlight for my children. They are so lucky to have such involved and loving grandparents! Kayla slept fine for us and woke up fine as well. If all goes perfectly today she can go to church tomorrow.

FYI: Today is Katrina Reider's birthday. There is a ward party at her house tonight. If any of you go be sure to wish her a Happy Birthday.

7 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Dennis and I had such a wonderful evening with you. It was great! Loved all the good conversation and just being with you all. The food was so good that I am still full and it is 10am the next day! Thank you so much for a very fun evening!!

Kathryn Poduska said...

Hmmmmm... I noticed Tim and Irene were invited but the lowly Poduskas got lost in the shuffle, eh? Its okay though, we'll just guilt trip you for life.

The Gage Cage said...

I don't see Tim & Irene in the picture. If they told you they were invited they were lying. The truth is WE were snubbed by them. We know when we're second best.

Don't you fret you're invited to an exclusive dinner at our place along with Troy Stokes' family very soon. We think the Poduska's are the COOLEST!

GREENLAW said...

what a blessing to have such great friends!! glad you had a nice evening!

you kids looked adorable the first day of school... how fun that they have such good little friends. that is the best!!

kahnfam said...

What a fun night! It looks like you guys had a blast. I know your husband appreciated it.

amyburb said...

Looks like the evening was a success. Happy Birthday Paul! (a little late)

Reider Family said...

Thanks Krista for inviting us! Jason and I never go out so this was a new experience for us. We has so much fun with you all. I think we will have to do it again, even it takes a year to get to it. HaHa