Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Here we go again."

It's no secret that I think my kids are super cute. I am convinced that if I had an ugly child I wouldn't know it. In fact, I am convinced that ugly isn't even a real thing....it is VERY rare that I look at somebody and don't think they are beautiful. I used to think newborns were a little on the ugly side. Then, Cannon was born. He was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. Now, I think all babies are gorgeous. So here is how the conversation went this morning while I was doing Kayla's hair.

Me-You know what Kayla?
Kayla-(exhale and a MAJOR eye roll)
Me-What was that for?
Kayla-Here we go again.
Me-What do you mean?
Kayla- You're going to tell me how much you love me and how cute I am. (with a duh tone to her voice)


I guess I never realized being told how wonderful you are could be such a burden. Kayla cracks me up! I DO love her and she IS gorgeous... She is just going to have to suck it up and deal with my praise. It is what it is.

7 comments:

Silva Family said...

Until she gets married & then expects her husband to say it everyday (which he probably will because your girls are totally beautiful). BTW, you still haven't seen my newborn pic, you may just change your mind.

Grandma Honey said...

Well at least you know when your kids grow up they will know how you feel about them. There will be no wondering in their minds!

bretandjulie said...

That is so funny. Kayla is a little crack up.

jenifer oyler said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!! To me that just says that your child has do doubt how you feel about her and it's good feelings! All I can say is, I wish all children received that kind of love and praise from their parents. In today's world they need all the praise and confidence they can get at home! You are a GREAT mom Krista!

Kasie West said...

That's awesome. You are good at compliments and making people feel good about themselves. That's one of the reasons I like to hang out with you. :) LOL

kelly said...

I love how great kids are about recognizing the certain tones our voice takes on for different conversations. They know what were going to say even before we've said it! I always hear from Micah, "I know, I know, you don't even have to say it, I already know, ok?"

Lisa said...

That's funny, but super cute.