Saturday, January 31, 2009

Better Late Then Never

Irene tagged me forever ago to share 6 quirks......I have way more then 6 I'm sure but here are 7 of my quirks off the top of my head.

1. I think the worst or scariest part of delivering a baby is the IV. I HATE needles!!!!!!! I don't get the epidural because I am more afraid of the needle then I am of pain...go figure..

2. Even though I love to exercise, I totally hate the fact that I have to exercise!

3.Being a mother has made me feel prettier. Seeing my image in my beautiful children made me more fully appreciate the features I was given.

4. I'm married to my 1st cousin. About 5 years ago my father married Paul's Aunt. My Dad is now Paul's uncle...he's my father-in-law's bro-in-law....I can tell my kids lets go to Great Aunt Grandma's house. It might take you a minute to figure this out... In my and Paul's defense...we have been married for 11yrs. When we got married we weren't cousins.

5. I am not a huge fan of Disney Movies. The are WAY to anti authority for my taste. I remember as a teen watching "The Little Mermaid" as I babysat and thinking "That spoiled brat Ariel ...." I couldn't believe the ending and the anti authority message in the entire movie... I guess this shows how serious I am by nature. It probably surprises a lot of you how much of a straight arrow I am....sometimes it might be hard to tell if you get me talking about certain subjects.

6. I HATE facial hair. I do NOT understand how some women can think stubble is sexy!!!!! To me stubble gives the message lazy, slob, bad hygiene....everything I would consider a HUGE turn off. In my house we refer to facial hair as birth control. If Paul goes to work with out shaving I'll say "I can see you're preventing."


7. I don't like it when men wear pink. I strongly dislike anything feminine on men. If a man highlights his hair or anything girly...I pretty much think it's grouse and am completely turned off by it!



I tag Amy Burbidge, Miranda Roberts, Gwen Hawkins, Lisa Leonard, and Kristi Silva

9 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I'm glad you were doing this for Irene because I enjoyed reading them. I can relate to them for the most part except for #1. The first thing I would ask for when I got to the hospital back in my baby days was for an IV. But I didn't want any drugs, just the glucose. I guess we truly do have our own quirks. I have more than my share. Oh and I love that you are Paul are now cousins. I think that story of your Dad marrying Paul's aunt is the best. I would think it would really bond both families together.

kahnfam said...

I loved reading your quirks. It was fun learning a little bit more about you.

kelly said...

So with you on the IV, if I didn't have all 4 by c sec. I would have done without the long needle straight into my spine, no thank you. Same with feminine guys, yuck! None of that metrosexual stuff for me.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Wait one minute....facial hair is a turn off, but so is anything girly?? In my book no facial hair IS feminine (okay, I know some girls Do have the facial hair thing going on).When Roger has the day off he always skips shaving because, according to him, "he gets alot more action that way." Hate beards, but a little stubble = me love you long time.

jenifer oyler said...

You are so cute Krista! I love you my sister! I'm with you on the facial hair thing. NOT for me. Don't like it. I like clean cut and freshly shaven. But please bring me an epidural when I'm having a baby. I hate the needle but it's worth it!

GREENLAW said...

these lists are fun! i've learned a lot this week about several ladies. :)

Candice said...

You crack me up! I have to say, in regards to Disney movies, what does Disney have against mothers anyway? They're always either dead, or they die. It's horrible!

When I read your comment about facial hair, I thought you were talking about women at first. LOL! I guess it could apply to them too.

TNIRYAN said...

I am so glad that someone else doesn't like The Little Mermaid. Disney does seem to be pretty anti-parent. Parents blow up at their kids, and it's because the kids break their meaningless rules that are based on the parent's ignorance and unfounded stereotypes. In the end, we learn that the children are the only ones who really have it together and they were right all along. Isn't that a beautiful lesson to teach children? No, no, it's not. Ariel is indeed a brat and sixteen is way too young to fall hopelessly in love and marry someone. Yes, you are still a child, an emotionally immature, melodramatic child.

And if we don't want our men to turn into pink-sporting metrosexuals, we probably need to stop talking so negatively about what it means to be a guy. Especially in front of our children. This is aimed at the world in general, not at you, Krista.

Boy, I just re-read this comment and it sounds like I'm yelling. Does it sound like I'm yelling? I'm not yelling. How do you make those little smiley faces that instantly turns a message into a light-hearted lark? Like this? :) Yeah, there ya go.

Lisa said...

You are too funny. I love the facial-hair-birth-control thing. I am not a facial hair lover either (literally). No make-out sessions if he missed a day of shaving!