Two of my nieces just spent the night. Our tradition for special times like these is to give them each a special hair do. It was perfect timing because my sister-in-law just recently asked me to make detailed instructions for hair dos' and flower clips. I had four heads of hair to play with this morning to show any of you that care to learn some fun basics to a few of my favorite little girl hair dos'.
This is Macy. She is wearing the typical braids with a little extra detail. I'm sure anybody that sees this already knows how to braid. The only thing I did differently is a crooked part on top and small braids that lead into the large braids. the little details change a typical hair style into something a little different and a little bit more special.

Above is a not so flattering pic of my daughters but it is the only one I have with their hair like that. Kayla's hair is naturally very shiny with a little curl to it. Sometimes i just love to see her hair down with a flower to pull her bangs away from her face. With Heidi I put two French braids in her hair after baths before she went to bed. The next day I run my fingers through it and put the flower in. LOVE IT! This was also a great trip hair style. We went to a baptism in Sacramento. Heidi wore her braids until we got to the church parking lot, then I pulled out the braids before we walked into the church. Her hair was fresh and clean. Nobody could tell we'd just been on a long car ride.
This pic is to show the below hair do with out making the buns messy. I like it both ways. Kayla is wearing Eliza's jewelry at our stake pioneer day. Pretty cute.:)
Here's Emily! You can see her spunk in this pic. She's a doll!
For a messy bun........don't pull the pony tail all the way through the last time you wind the rubber band. Then use bobby pins to separate hair and conceal the rubber band. Have fun with it. The bigger the mess the better!


Kayla sporting the side pony tail with a twist.
To make a twist that stays........Take 2 chunks of hair. Get them wet and pre-twist them in the SAME direction. My daughters hold one chunk while I twist the other. Eventually you'll get good enough to not need to pre-twist the hair chunks.
Take the pre-twisted chunks and twist them together in the OPPOSITE direction that the chunks are already twisted in. For example....If your pre twist was clockwise.you'll twist them together counter clockwise.

Heidi is wearing Fun and Funky Braids!
Do a normal braid. Hold one hair chunk down and push the other two hair chunks all the way up. Slide the two hair chucks back down a little to desired look. More people ask me about this braid and how to twist then anything else. My sister in Utah taught me how to do both. Just knowing a couple little details you can mix in with typical hair styles amke the world of difference. Have fun!!!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Hair Dos' and How Tos'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hey, krista! i love all your hairdos!! i can tell you and gwen are sisters!!! i like doing the girls' hair, and i'm ALWAYS looking for new ideas!!! gwen showed me how to twist a while ago and we love it!!! feel free to post new "do's" anytime! :)
Kirsten is too humble. She's a pro herself. When they were still in Pioneer Park, we would copy each others hairdos on the kids. I will say though, Krista is queen. I get more ideas from you than any where else. I have such awesome sisters!! We just need to get Jen to set up a blog.
The girls look darling. Hope they enjoyed their little sleepover. Some day my girls' hair will be long enough to do those things. Laura is already 9 months and she still doesn't have enough to do anything with.
Looks like the girls had fun letting you do their hair. Thanks for the ideas. I'm going to try that fun and funky braid. I've never seen that before, it looks pretty cool. Thanks again for some fun ideas for Hannah's hair!!
that fun and funky braid is great. i wonder how long til peyton actually has hair??? i can't wait to do it.
Post a Comment