Monday, March 3, 2008

My first tag

Becca Laing gave me my first "Tag". I;m actually glad. It'll help me document some of my experiences and personality traits that I'm sure I'd miss otherwise. Here it goes...

#1- Ten years ago .........I was just married to Paul. I worked at Bank of America as a Merchant Teller. That means I handled a whole LOT of cash. I was very very good at keeping a balanced cash can. I shortly moved to Educational Employees Credit Union. I was able to move around to New Accounts ect... Paul was working at Home Base. He hardly got any hours. It seemed like the only time they wanted Paul to work was on Sunday's. Thankfully, that job didn't last long. He was able to get a job as a preloader at UPS and soon after that started working at Lee Gage and Assoc. as a draftsman. He is still there now and is super close to being a licensed architect (1 exam left :)).
Paul and I were so poor we had to live with my dad at first. As soon as we could afford an apt (8 months after marriage) we moved out. We got pregnant with Cannon that very month. Eight months after he was born I was cleaning his high chair and felt nauseous. Sure enough Heidi was on her way to our family. Our first two children were surprises but very welcome. It was scary but everything has worked out great. I'm so glad things happened the way they did and when they did. We have really prospered and been very blessed. Our last two children have been planned! :)

#2- My to do list-My husband. HA! ( I know that joke is dumb to you all but Paul will love it).... ironing (a man in ironed clothes is attractive to me) , mop (my entire house has wood lamminet floors except for the bedrooms), clean the bathrooms, work out, make planns for dinner, ext......... I live a very Glamorous life.;-)

#3-Snacks I like to eat are- anything edible. i love to eat most things. I am lucky that I enjoy healthy foods too. One of my favorite (not so healthy) snacks have been warmed up cream cheese with salsa on top. I use that as a dip with tortilla chips.

#4-My Bad habits are- forgetting things that aren't a part of my normal routine. With out my lists and calender I have no brain. If a friend asks me in passing to watch her kids I say yes, BUT you need to call me when I have my calender in front of me otherwise this conversation never happened. I also need to work on my eating disciplines!!!! I have GOOD phases and BAD ones. I jokingly say I am always gaining or loosing weight. My idea of maintenance is gain 3lbs then loosing 3 lbs. It's my roller coaster of love (handles).

#5-If I became a billionaire- I'd totally get a big house with all kinds of wholesome and fun things to do. I have always wanted to have the "hang out/party house. I figure it's a great way to know what my kids are doing and who they're with. It's also a great way to provide an environment that is good and safe for all elect young man and women. I have am major soft spot for youth.

I'd take care of my parents and Paul's parents. Give a tun to the perpetual education fund of our church. Invest. Ect.....

Since nobody is going to leave Paul and I a fortune, for now we just stay investment minded and keep our expenses to a minimum.

#6-Places I've lived are- I was born in Orange, Orange County. I have no memory of the LA area though. My parents moved to Clovis. I did move around in the Clovis area quite a bit in my younger years. I went to Dry Creek Elementery, Sierra Vista, Tarpey, Mallach (Fresno Unified), then back to Tarpey.

I love Clovis! It is where my family is and I hope I can raise my family here until they graduate.

#7-Jobs I've had-I guess i touched on that in the first question. I babysat until I turned 16. Theni got a job at United Artist Theaters. My friends and family loved that because I could take them to the movies for free. Right after I graduated from High school I was a nanny for a wealthy family in Fresno. That job was great because I lived in a pool house with out any room mates. the ninth hole of the San Juaqin Golf Corse was on the other side of my sliding glass door. Nice view with a pool and no rent! After that Job I moved to Utah and got a job telemarketing for The Living Scriptures. I was there just long enough to get trained, then Paul flew up to take me home so we could get married. I never actually had to make any phone calls.

#8- Something people might not know about me-I have a birthmark on my side just above my right hip. I love to dance. I have a keen sense of smell. I am a little bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to oral hygiene. I am a very straight arrow. That might be hard to tell with my bad joke about having to" do" my husband. I didn't let any boys kiss me in high school. (I wish I could say the same for Jr. High.) I'm the fifth of seven children and was raised by my single father. Thanks Dad!!!! And the last thing about me might make you all a little sad. I married the most handsome, most smart, funniest and best looking, strongest man on earth. I almost forgot to mention the most humble man. When ever I compliment him on his manliness, or anything that I think is amazing, he always agrees with me and then says"Don't forget humble".

I tag Kresta Kraucek and Jen Haroldsen.........I look forward to reading about you pretty ladies!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Krista, It was fun reading about you!!! It's fun to get tagged becuase it forces you to document about You. Thanks for doing it!!

Bret said...

Even though I think I knew most everything in there, it was fun to read about. I can't believe your comment on #2, that is so inappropriate. Glad you're a part of the family!

Kirsten said...

This was really fun to get to know you better too! I was born in Orange, Orange County as well but we moved to Nevada City when I was a toddler so I have no memory of it as well. I also love seeing the Easter pictures. You dress your kids so cute!

kelly said...

That was a fun read. I had so much fun getting to know you during the short time I spent at girls camp. I hope our path crosses more often in the future. Way to go on the oral cleanliness!