Friday, March 28, 2008

January 1st 2008

One of our family traditions is to take the kids to the snow on New Years Day every year. Like every year this year was a blast! My dad used to take us to the snow when I was growing up. He was a SINGLE father of 7 children. Every year when we go and I put all the work into preparing then all the work to clean up (laundry, car, pack away snow equipment ect...) I become more and more amazed at how hard it must have been for him to give us happy childhood memories. I have Paul to help me and it is still a lot of work! I feel the same way when we carve pumpkins. I guess you just don't realize how much work and sacrifice goes into parenthood until you become one. Heidi, Kayla, and Olivia with their snow man.
We always have oranges and hot chocolate as a treat while we are in the snow. I guess Jet wanted to get worm all over because the hot chocolate was definitely ALL OVER!
Heidi Snow Angel
Kayla Snow Angel
My brother has this awesome sled! The kids LOVED it! I did too. One of my in-laws made fun of Jets pink pants. He is the youngest and I can't justify buying snow gear for him that he would only use once before the next year and need a larger size. My sister had all girls so she had pink pants that would fit Jet. He's so cute he can make anything look good! =)
This is the only proof that I was there. I was behind the camera the whole time.
Paul and his "grilrillas". He is such a good man! He woke up with an ear ache the morning of the snow trip but we couldn't cancel the trip because the kids would have been devastated. Paul thought it would be fine. By the time we got down the mountain he dropped us off at home then went to the doctor. His ear drum eventually blew and he was bleeding out of his ear. The specialist says his hearing will recover......it already has healed for the most part. Now if he gets a sinus infection his ears bother him too. Anyway, my point is he is a STUD that loves his family! He spent the day lifting and sledding with his babies even though he wasn't feeling well. The altitude didn't help him but he didn't complain at all.
Cannon, Heidi, and Kayla hanging out on Gabe's truck waiting for their hot chocolate.

1 comment:

gwen said...

Love your pics. It's fun to see it from your view. Even though I was there, I was focusing on gettin pics of my kids.