I went with Kayla's Pre-K class on a field trip to Gettysburg Elementary . A group that is sponsored by First 5 came to teach about ocean life. They had a little aquarium with star fish and sand crabs for the kids to touch.
Kayla was very interested. She was completely engaged in learning about different shells while she waited her turn to go touch the star fish ect....
She was so interested!
Then came her turn to touch the sea creatures. She was very excited. She touch a star fish and then.............she didn't like the way it felt. You'll see in the bottom video that the texture of it was a little scary to her.
In this pic you can tell she is interested but has no desire to do any more touching. I thought it was so funny. She is such a funny kid! Below is a picture of Kayla and her Pre-K Teachers. Shelly Flores, Kayla, Melissa Nelson, and Candi Lee. I love, love, love her teachers! they are beyond wonderful. They are such self-esteem boosting happy people. I have been so lucky to have them teach Heidi and Kayla!
Later in the evening I took the girls to a dace concert for several of the Young Women and a couple Young Men in our ward. It was sooooo good! Our youth really know how to shake it down!!! As white as they are..........they don't show it on the dance floor! It was so much fun!
Amy Burbidge saved me a seat. These are her girls with my girls. Ellie, Kayla, Claire, and Heidi. Isn't Claire such a poser!
I loved having a special night to be with my brown eyed girls! I love them. I hope we will be close forever ..... especially through the teenage years. I'm convinced if teens realized how much their parents love them they would want to listen to them because they would see them as an ally not the enemy. I really really hope I express my love and show my love enough in my actions so they know I am on their team and want them to fulfill the full measure of their potential as children of god and/or live with out regret! Like all parents I am invested in their long term happiness.
This is Mardi and Carla Robinson. They are the coolest! I often say I need to take parenting classes from them. Their teenagers are very good kids. They know how to communicate well with adults. They are thinkers. They have great self-esteems and personal testimonies. Carla and Marti are doing something very right. There are quite a few families in our ward that are doing things right. We are very lucky to rub elbows with so many people that we look up to!
My girls and I had the pleasure of seeing Bob and Darline at the dance concert. They are Paul's cousins and parents of Stefani's prom date in my previous post. We happened to be walking out at the same time. I told the girls that they make special cars for people in wheel chairs. Bob was so kind to let us check it out. He even let Heidi push the buttons that lower his ramp. It was one of the highlight of the evening for her. Thanks Bob! It ws great to see you two.
Last prom of the year. This is Misti Christiansen. She is in my ward and is definately one of my girls! She goes to Sanger High and will graduate this year. I'm excited for her to spread her wings. She has a testimony and is ready to go. She has one of the sweetest hearts a person can find. I can't even remember a time when I heard her complain. She is such a doll! She'll make a wonderful and cheerful wife and Mom. I love you Misti!
She wanted an elegant up-do. I loved doing her thick shiny hair. So FUN!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Field Trip, Dance Concert, and One More Prom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That's Hilarious. I love Cha Cha! By the way, the other day she asked me not to call her that any more. :( she said I could call her La La.
Love the video! Kennedy had to watch it a few times! And what's with the prom hair? Are you going to open up an up-do shop? You do fantastic work!
Thanks for sharing! We had a great time with you girls for our girls night out.
That video is too cute! Your girls are so adorable!
You may have a little marine biologist in the making (if she can get over the slimy textures of marine life). What beautiful girls you have!
Looks like you had a blast! Love the pictures!
You take the best pictures!! I loved seeing your girls and other people I know too from our ward and past wards. Darlene Gage use to be my visiting teaching partner before she even had children. I think so highly of her. I loved the video too of Kayla! What facial expressions and how wonderful that you captured that for her to see in years to come.
I love your blog!
Jill
Post a Comment