Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Maui ,May 2008

I had the time of my life last week with my parents and sisters!!! It all started at the LAX. Jen flew in from Utah and we met her there to get on a flight to Hawaii. On the flight I read several talks from May's conference issue. One of which was Elder Uchtdorf's talk on "A Matter of a Few Degrees." It was an excellent talk but probably not the best to read when you're flying. I'm not afraid to fly but I'm always happy when we land safely!

Dad and Nedra played games and snuggles the whole flight. Very cute couple!

We arrived in Maui at about 7:30pm. Nedra and I took a cab to Costco while the others got the luggage and rental. We loaded up on good (way to good) food then went out to wait for the others to pick us up. As we pulled out of Costco Dad pulled into the parking lot and got the best parking space in the parking lot. I asked Nedra "What is it with you and your good luck?" She replied "Positive thinking!" I said "I'm really going to have to try that one of these days!" For those of you that know Nedra know how classic her answer was. And those of you that know me know that I am far from negative. Right off the bat I knew this trip was going to be AWESOME!!!! As usual I was right. ;-)

When we got to the hotel it was very dark. The first thing in the morning we did was go out with the intent to work out. We got distracted and went shopping instead. After that we decided we'd exercise more when we got home. We went back to our room and got ready to lay out on the beach. Our Condo was on the beach....literally. We walked from this courtyard onto the sand.

Gwen was trying to look taller. What she didn't know was that dad took pics of our feet. I love my silly Dad!









After resting, snorkeling and exploring on the beach we showered up and got pretty for an evening out. We went to a magic show that was super fun! It was very clean and very entertaining. The comedy was as awesome as the magic. If any of you go to Maui I highly recommend it. The show is called Warren and Annabell. It was one of my favorite highlights. On the way to the show we saw this fantastic tree area. I've never scene anything like it before. It was amazing!
Dad and Nedra always hold hands when they walk together.






Dad making fun of me in the above pic. My parents are way to much fun. No matter what your doing, if your with them your having a party and laughing!




Jen Oyler above. Gwen Hawkins below.




At the magic show. They served the BEST Pinya Colada there. They must have used ice cream with the ice. So good. Also on another side note. A girl that sat near us in the appetizer portion of the evening graduated with Nedra at her high school. They hadn't scene each other since high school. What are the odds?




The next moring started out on the beach again. HEAVEN!
Then we went shopping. Aren't my parents cute?!

Then Dad and Nedra surprised us with a sunset cruise. They called the appetizers poo poo's. I'm sure I'm sure I'm not spelling it correctly but you get the drift. The food was a little disappointing so they lived up to their name. It's been a running joke now. Jen got a little sea sick but felt better at the end. It was good that we had that experience because Jen was able to get medicine before we took a much longer boat ride for our snorkeling excursion.



The view of Maui from the boat.




The next day was Sunday. Church started at 9am. It was fun to see the church was exactly the same in Maui as it is in Clovis. Hmmm, it must be true! Truth doesn't change or very....it just is.



The above pics aren't exactly good lighting but it's a great way to see the view from our condo. Not to shabby. Before church started Dad and Nedra were playing Rummi Cube while they waited for us to finish getting ready. Can you tell my Dad won that game. Nedra kicked booty later though. We love that game!








After Church we all spent some time reading and resting on the lawn area.




Nedra went back up first then Gwen, then me. I love this swim top and bought it for the trip and knew the longer tops would work better for snorkeling. So anyway, I had to take some pics in the suit just because it's cute to me. I don't know what it is but I love polka dots!

This is my room. Look out the window to see my view. I was seriously in Heaven! After we had dinner we went down to the beach to watch the sunset.










The Next day was Monday. Dad and Nedra took us snorkeling. This was my favorite part of the entire experience!!!!!!!!!!!! We went to two different locations and saw gorgeous fish. Nedra faced her fear of water and joined us for the first location. I was so impressed that she did that. I guess that is just the adventurer in her. Can you tel she is one of my favorite people. I'm so grateful I get to be one of her girls! She was worth the wait for a good Mom!!!


Nice dents on our foreheads! It was so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We were so covered in salt and were lookin pretty mangy when the day was over. Small price to pay for such a good time! We are in front of the boat that took us to the islands for snorkeling. I honestly can't decide what was more fun...snorkeling or the boat ride. The boat was very nice and powerful. As they headed home full speed we were having so much funn going over the swells of the choppy ocean. It was better then a roller coaster. If you weren't holding onto something there was no way to not fall down. I stood at the front of the boat and held on to the bar for much of the ride. What a thrill. I love roller coasters and this was better then any roller coaster I've ever been on! I can't wait to go with Paul so he can experience it for himself. I took a underwater camera with me. Hopefully some of the pictures turned out. I'll do a post on the fish we saw when I get those back.








We went back to our condo, showered, ate, then headed back to the beach for another sunset.



After the sunset Dad and Nedra took us to the hotel restaurant on the beach for desert. It was Memorial Day and The old man in the below pic took our picture for us. It didn't turn out so I don't have a pic with us all in it. Anyway, Dad noticed he was sitting alone then decided to go and visit with him. They talked war stories and I think Dad made him feel special and loved. He is such a good example of being able to talk to anybody and going out of your way to be a friend.
The last day was check out day. We spent the day shopping andf sight seeing at the Grand Wialia. Then we took the red eye home to LAX then home to Clovis....my hometown heaven. I got home around 9:30am. I went tio get my two younger babies and have been squeezing them up ever since. My main squeeze just got home from helping Sis. Walter's move so I'll wrap this up now and spent time with him. By the way, I returned home to a very clean house. I love Paul!!!! He does know how to please me that is for sure! I hope I do the same. Also my girlfriends that watched my children while I was gone....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! A couple of them even brought dinner and desert to me tonight. I'm totally taken back by thier generaosity and service! I truly am blessed in so many ways!!! And Finally, THANKS TO MY PARENTS! It was the time of my lofe! I hope you can feel in your hearts how much I appreciate all the things you do for me....the big, HUGE, and tiny deeds are more then I could ever ask for. Parents like you make it so easy to comprehend Heavenly Parents that love me, want me to have joy, and that would do anything that they know is for my good. I Love you! Hawaii was unbelievable!

17 comments:

bretandjulie said...

AWESOME! It sounds like you had such a wonderful time. I had fun checking Gwen's blog while you were gone. You're dad and Nedra looked so cute in all their pictures together. I'm glad that you had the time of your life. It looked beautiful there, and so did you. (Quite the little hottie in all your swimsuit shots.) Glad that Paul survived while you were gone, and maybe if he's good, next time he can go with you.

Gwen Hawkins said...

great pics!!!! Hawaii was amazing. A trip I will never forget! don't forget to make me a cd so I can get started on the book.

kelly said...

What fun!!! I want to go someday!

kahnfam said...

I love all the pics! You girls are gorgeous! Also, I have to say, I love the SHOES! I e-mailed the recipe for you

GREENLAW said...

looks like an amazing trip... how fun for you to be there with your sisters. i'm so glad you guys had such a fabulous time! and welcome home! :)

Lisa said...

Your pics make me nostalgic! We were in Oahu exactly a year ago and it seems like a dream now. You look so great! I'm still trying to lose this baby weight--any tips???

Yes, I am also a fan of SYTYCDance. My neice Alissa tried out and you see her 3 or 4 times in last nights show. (It's my sister Christi's daughter--she dances for the BYU Ballroom team.) No, she didn't make it. Only so many ballroom dancers make it to Vegas...

Tad and Jennifer said...

Great pictures!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!How fun to be able to go with your sisters and be spoiled kids. Who ever thought you could be spoiled this much?! Glad that your home safe and sound. See you in a few months!!

Pollock Palooza said...

Sooo FUN! As I saw the snorkeling pics I remembered... Nedra does NOT swim! So I guess it was easy to decide who was going to take the pictures! And the mention of positive thinking... totally a Nedra comment! How you must love that she and your dad are married!

TNIRYAN said...

Looks like you had a blast! What a fun experience! By the way, Rheanna's curls are here for your pleasure, just like her chubby cheeks were when she was a toddler . . . wait . . .maybe I should have asked her permission first.

Grandma Honey said...

I really enjoyed having a front eye view of your trip. What great pictures you got!!! What memories!!
I've never been to Hawaii and of course I've seen a few pictures but nothing like this. I just loved reading all your comments. You have a talent for describing and really for the first time I was able to understand what the big deal is about going to Hawaii. It is GORGEOUS there. But you know what I really liked the most about this post? Your love of family, and your appreciation for them!!

Jill

Sapp Family said...

It looks and sounds like you had the time of your life! What a wonderful treat for you girls. Loved the pic of Brother Z with the flower. He has always made me smile.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Thanks for taking so many photos - I feel like I got to tag along for the ride! An experience of a lifetime...

Kirsten said...

You went on my DREAM vacation!! Everything sounded wonderful and what a fun vacation to go on with family! I am so jealous..happy for you but jealous! You guys all had such cute swimsuits too. I love all your pictures!

cas said...

Looks like you had a great time. I have gone to the Warren and Anabelle show. That is the greatest, cleanest and funniest show I have ever been too.I wish we had something cool like that here. I was crying because I was laughing so hard. You and you sisters look beutiful by the way. Talk to you later. Love, Cascia

Silva Family said...

Way cute pics. Krista you look fantastic! I'm so glad you had a great time, Hawaii is beautiful, I'll never ever forget when I was there last year ;)

Jessica Havican said...

How fun!!!! I can't wait til I go...someday. LOL! Great pictures too! XOXO

Becca said...

Oh I love it all!! Thank you for sharing your trip with us!! I'm going on a trip just like yours someday!!;) It looks like you guys had soooo much fun!! What fun memories!! Oh and BTW you look awesome in a swim suit! I love how you were all dolled up. You guys are babes!!! Fun Fun!! We are all glad you are back safely!!