Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

My sister, Gwen, always takes a picture with her kids for Mother's Day. I thought I would do the same this year. Plus I happened to find this new dress while I was shopping for a swim suit at Khols. (By the way, Kohls has a huge selection of swim suits. I have been much luckier there then anywhere else for swim wear. Pretty soon I'll be in Hawaii with my new and very cute swim suits. Aloha!) The dress was already 80% off. I found a little hole that is super easy to repair on the seem. I asked if I could get a bigger discount. They gave me an additional 15% off. The dress was $8.00 total. LOVE that! I got several compliments on it today, including from a couple men in our ward. So nice!Looking at this picture makes me laugh. I've been tanning to get ready to be in swim suit pics in Hawaii. I'm not any tanner then my children are from regular life. Well not including my one white child Jet. I used to get so dark. I never knew getting older meant I would also loose my ability to get as tan.
When I was taking pics of Kayla's hair Jet wanted to be in some pics too. I love him! I love his crinkle nose and pinchy cheeks!

So this is the straight version of Stefani's prom hair. It's alot easier to see the funky braid (at least it is as far as pictures go) when the rest of the hair is straight.

Here's Kayla.

Can you tell she feels pretty?


Paul and I are usually one of the first families to show up for church but today I wanted to take pictures so we weren't as early as usual. We pulled up just as our Stake Pres. did. I told Pres Barrus that we can't be too bad time wise if we are showing up with him. He commented on how beautiful my daughters looked and how he thinks they always look so beautiful for church. I thanked him. Then he said he also really liked my hair cut and wondered why I decided to cut it this way. I told him that turning 30 seemed like a good time to "grow up" and get a more mature hair style. He smiled and said it looks great then we entered the chapel. I know this conversation might seem odd to put on my blog. It was just really sweet and I don't want to forget it. Pres. Barrus is such an awesome example. I really think he knows everybody in our stake. I mean he REALLY KNOWS them. Passing in the halls he'll ask me how my family is doing. I'll say "Great," He doesn't stop there. He'll ask what is going on and really wants to know. We love him and think he's so great!

11 comments:

bretandjulie said...

Wow, you got these up super fast. Hope you have a wonderful mother's day. You look beautiful, and the kids look cute too. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Pollock Palooza said...

Awesome dress! And I am in the market for a suit, so I'm taking your advise and going to Kohl's! AND... can I jump in you suitcase for Hawaii? I hope you have so much fun!

Tad and Jennifer said...

You guys look so cute. Cannon is looking so grown up to me and Jet is just cute as can be. I know what you mean about having a Stake Pres that's interested in knowing the members in his stake. Hawaii is going to be soo much fun!!!

GREENLAW said...

hope you had a nice day!! one of these days, you have to teach me that braid!! it looks so cool! :)

Grandma Honey said...

Gorgeous family! We missed seeing all of you at church today. We missed our ward. :(
That is such a good idea to take a picture of you with the kids on Mother's day. Perfect!
When did Cannon suddenly grow up? I had to do a double take. Love your new dress!!

Jill

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

You can never go wrong with brown! Sierra says that it's my "signature" color, and quite frankly, it's true.

I think what you MEANT to say was that as you got older you realized that going in the sun is going to backfire in about 10 years, right? Jergens healthy glow daily lotion works wonders ;)

SpaceyKasey said...

Hi! I found your blog through Kathryn's. (She brags that you're the blogging queen.) You look great and your blog is so fun to read. I'm a compulsive blog snoop, so I'm putting you in my favorites. Yay.

kahnfam said...

You and Gwen are so much alike. I can't believe how fast you two update your blogs! It's great! Love the dress! It makes you feel even better when you get get clothes for great prices!

Kathryn Poduska said...

What a good looking family!

The Tanners said...

Hi Krista, what a beautiful family and by the way, you tiny little thing, and great tan too. I don't know if we have ever thanked you properly for all your help with selling our house. It was and is very much appreciated. THANKS! We have started a blog too, still very much a novice, but learning.
Love ya, Lois and Michael Tanner

kelly said...

Thanks for posting that about pres Barrus. It just confirms what I thought about him, he really does know everyone! He is a great guy. On another note, when my daughter actually grows some hair I think I need some one on one hands on training! I have now taught 3 other moms how to make the flower clips. Jacob asked me why women always come over and make flowers!