Monday, October 20, 2008

Heidi's Baptism

Heidi just received the "Character Award" at her school. When her teacher was telling me she was getting this award she said "Heidi is SO good. She really KNOWS right from wrong and always makes good choices." That comment made me feel so good as a parent. I thanked Mrs. Howard for the BEST compliment ever and told her that's what Paul and I care about MOST!!! If Heidi is valedictorian or an MVP someday......that would be great but nothing would please us more then if she knows right from wrong and chooses the right! Heidi I am so lucky to have you as my daughter! We LOVE YOU!!! You're such a GOOD girl!!! This story leads me right into Heidi's good choice to be baptized.
Heidi's dress. I didn't realizer until I uploaded the pics that I didn't get any of her actually wearing the dress.
Heidi all dressed in her baptism jumpsuit.
I love these pictures. In the above pic I can see how much Kayla looks up to Heidi. I am the youngest of the girls in my family. I was so lucky to have my older sister Jen growing up. As a little girl I wanted to BE Jenifer...not just be like her. She played a MAJOR role in who I am today! Even still, as adults, she treats my like I am this practically perfect person that she looks up to. She is still a BIG TIME cheerleader in my life! The coolest thing about our relationship is that she KNOWS me, flaws and all, yet she still treats me the way she does. I love you Jen!!! I hope someday I can be as good a person as you tell me I am. Now as far as it goes for my other sister Gwen.....growing up she didn't like me so much...to say the least.....BUT, she and I are very close as adults. I am so grateful for sisters! They are my best friends! They are my support! To me, they are the ones that give me unconditional love and understanding! I am blessed to be a Z!!!

Heidi's baptism hair do.
Heidi and her big, buff Dad. Can you tell he will always consider Heidi as one of his baby girls? To me there is nothing more attractive then a loving father! Let's just say.........Paul's HOT!

The only pic I made it into for the event.

Heidi is SO naturally sweet. She has a very special connection with Jet. I think they are going to be very close all their lives. Nobody asked Heidi to read to Jet. I just came down the hall and saw them together on the big chair waiting for family to come.
As people arrived I took some pics. Above, my parents, Don and Nedra Zambrana.
Below, Jason and Corbin Reider.

Above-Kayla and Amalie (my bro Aaron's daughter) they are both in kindergarten this year.
Below-Cannon, Matt, and Ammon (Aaron's sons)

Above-Marie, Aaron, and Zoie Zambrana(aka noie, because they have to tell her NO all day)
Below-Garth and Barbara Zambrana
It was pretty loaded with all the kids in the primary room waiting for the baptism to begin. DeAnn Brunsvick suggested to have Cannon go up and be a "reverence child" Jet, looking up to his older brother Cannon, copied him. If older siblings only knew how big their impact is on their younger brothers and sisters......... I am so thankful to have been blessed to start out my family with Cannon and Heidi. I could NOT ask for better examples for my younger children.
Below- Heidi right after she was baptized.
All this talk about looking to our older siblings as examples I have to express my gratitude for our only PERFECT example and older brother, Jesus Christ. It's because of his sacrifice that we can return to our father in heaven. Through his atonement we receive strength to get through the trials of life and receive forgiveness of our wrong doings. He did know how important his role was as our older brother and savior. He loved us so much he willingly gave his life. My feelings are summed up by the lyrics to the song "I feel my Saviors Love" .......I WILL FOLLOW HIM, GIVE ALL MY LIFE TO HIM.

I have to say that I am so sad I didn't get pics of everybody that was able to come!!! I just took some early before the baptism started. I guess I lost my mind and forgot to get more of everybody when it was over. After the baptism many family members came over to have dinner at our house...I didn't take a single picture during that time either. If any of you took pictures that night please email them to me so I can add them to this post and the memory book. Thank you!

9 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

These pictures were so good to see. The one of Heidi and Paul reminded me of that day in Sacrament meeting a while back (last year or so?)...We were all singing Families Can Be Together Forever....Paul was holding both the girls...one on each side while he was swaying to the song. I got so distracted by that. Den and I were watching and I started crying...it was just the sweetest sight.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I love the expression on Cannon's face as the reverence child..."you wanna piece of me?? Then SIT DOWN and BE RESPECTFUL!" HAHA

GREENLAW said...

what a sweet post! congratulations on a special day. i loved all the pics. she looks so happy!

Pollock Palooza said...

Congratulations to Heidi!

jenifer oyler said...

Love all the pict!!! Thank you for putting them up. I've been watching for them. Again --- amazing job on the cute hair! I've got to learn that cool one from you. I need to try to remember the next time I talk to you on the phone. I love your testimony. You are such a beautiful person on the inside as well as out. Your family is so darling. Jet is looking older to me in these picts. Heidi IS such a tender sweet heart!

Nicole said...

What a wonderful day! Good for Heidi for choosing the right - it is the MOST important thing that she can do. You are a good mom!

kahnfam said...

What a beautiful and exciting day for Heidi and the whole family. I love all your pictures. It's amazing how fast our little ones grow up.

Lisa said...

I love her baptism dress! Where did you find that?

The Gage Cage said...

My sister Jen bought it for her daughter a couple years ago. My Step-Mom (who's AWESOME) added the sleeves to it.