Tuesday, October 7, 2008

So Much for Praise

I am having Kayla and Jet pick up some toys. I always try to give praise while my kids are doing what I ask of them. With Cannon and Heidi it works beautifully. This is a conversation I just had with Kayla.

Kayla put a toy in the proper container.

Me- Good job Kayla. You're going GREAT! =)
Kayla- (gives me her pouty lip, scrunches her eyebrows, makes eye contact, then in her scratchy fairly loud voice says) I DON'T LIKE DOING GREAT!


Funny girl. It's a good thing I'm the boss. I just looked back at her and smiled. She is still ''doing great"...like it or not.

3 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Kayla sounds tired. But I like the way you smiled back at her :)

kahnfam said...

I am finding that it doesn't matter what I say or how I say it to my Kayla, she can give some serious attitude no matter what. It's a girl thing, I guess.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I just saw it on Gwen's blog: happy (belated) birthday!