Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Kayla !!!!!April 6th 2008

The children got up early (which is normal) and Kayla saw her wrapped present first thing. Right away she knew what it was. She had been asking for a toy she calls "Crib Baby". It a baby that is in a package that looks like a crib. The baby makes real baby sounds and moves it arms and legs a little bit. The baby has a motion senser that couldn't be deactivated until it's taken out of it's packaging. Kayla saw the wrapped gift and said "I know what it is. It's the crib baby!!" I said "You won't know until you open it." She walked up to the present and the baby started to make noises. I was surprised the motion sesers worked even when it was wrapped. It was a funny moment. Kayla loved her present!!!! You'll see it in most of the pictures with her in through out the day.

Jet wanted to be in the pictures too. I love every single fat cell in that boys body! Snuggling him is always a highlight of the day! Baby Chub is my favorite!



After we got ready for the day we went to my parents house to watch conference. Between sessions family came for the Zambrana party for Kayla. I loved my girls outfits and hair for the special day. I am making the most of the time I have to enjoy their darling little girl years. I don't think they are going to like matching each other for to many more years.

Isn't Heidi lovely?!!!
Kayla is no less beautiful. You can't really tell in the pic but I put a little twist in Kayla's bangs, then a bigger one and wrapped it around the pony tail. They are both sweet darling girls that are happy to let me play with their hair.
I made the cake in Kayla's favorite colors, sunny yellow and purple. I hope she never forgets that she is sooo special! We love you Kayla!!! You are not only beautiful and smart, but you're energetic and bubbly too! You keep me young. I know that you'll be able to accomplish anything you set out to do! Your potential has no limits! You are a very important part of our family and I'm so lucky to be your mom!

My Dad has always LOVED flowers as long as i can remember. Nedra loves them too.
I LOVE Cannon's eyes. I thought it was crazy that our fist child had light eyes. All my others have a different shade of brown eyes.
Looks like Jet spotted his next quest. He is a very busy boy!


Cannon, Me and Nedra in the kitchen. Nedra's baby blue eyes pop in the in this picture. Not to mention her bright smile! Double click in this pic to see Cannon and Nedra's beautiful eyes.
In these two pictures Jet was refusing to have a picture taken of his face. He is cute but he is a stinker too.

Grandma Z made scones for us. She always seems to make a goody when we come over for conference.

A few of my babies coloring during conference.

Dad and Nedra always have fresh flowers through out their house. Come to think of it Paul's parents usually have fresh flowers on their table. I was taking pictures of the many different places they put flowers and my dad jumped into the shot. He is so silly!
G & G Z's hallway.
Entry way
coffee table. Flowers are everywhere. Not like the house I grew up in. I love it!
G & G Z have a tradition of putting this hat on the birthday grandchild. If the party is at our own house they will bring it with them for the party. Grandpa Z looks good in it too!

G & G Z gave Kayla Nanny McPhee! She had been asking if we could barrow it from them so they gave her one of her own. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!!
Jet took a nap through the second session. It was Heaven!




After Conference we were off to the Gage's to celebrate the April birthdays


.
These are the birthday girls that are in town. Emily 6, Becca 13, and Kayla 5. We are so lucky to be able to be close to a lot of family. I love it and don't want to take it for granted! It's a huge blessing!
The Gage's make a yummy ice cream cake!! Oreos, hot fuge, vanilla ice cream.... I had some when Paul and I first started dating. Let's just say I was in love! It's a very yummy tradition!


When it's time to leave the cousins all run around in the front yard and avoid getting into the vans. It's not hard for them to get away with because the adults all end up chatting in the lawn. With the gage's it seems like we always have so much fun visiting that it's hard for us to say goodbye too. The girls picked flowers off the bushes and gave them to Grandma.
Looks like she likes them! Grandchildren always put Grandma Gage in a good mood. There is NO doubting her love for them!!! There is NO doubting the love G & G Gage have for each other either. They have been through everything together and wouldn't trade it for anything! It nice to have married into a such a good family. I'm one of the few people I know that LOVES the "in-laws"! They are great to me!



All in all it was a wonderful day! I loved conference and being with family! There was one statement that really touched me. That's not true, there were several but I'm only going to talk about one for this post. Pres. Monson at the end of his talk in the Sunday morning session said something along the lines of....."I PLEDGE my LIFE, my STRENGTH,and ALL that I have to offer in serving him (Jesus and Heavenly Father) in accordance to HIS WILL." I have always felt that way and my resolve to do so has increased. I know The Church of Jesus Christ was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith! I know the Book of Mormon is true! I know, because of the atonement, that Heavenly Father and Jesus love us. I hope that I can strengthen my personal weaknesses and be a better servant.

3 comments:

gwen said...

Hey Krista, Your girls are gorgeous. It must run in the family. Do enjoy the little time you have left to dress your girls alike. I was so sad when Haley didn't want to do it any more. We have a compromise now. I can buy matching dresses, but Haley will only have to match one Sunday a month. It's so hard sometimes to let your kids grow up and make their own choices. I miss dressing my chicklets alike. Oh well. Definitely enjoy it while it lasts.

Jessica Havican said...

Your kids are sooo good looking! Seriously! I hope I have good looking babies. It was so great to see you at the women's conference. You're a hoot!!

AngelaBeth said...

Krista!! I love love LOVE your hair! You are so gorgeous! I just found your site through Jessica's. Teehee. I don't update mine often but I do love to be updated by my friends so I'll be adding yours so I can keep up with you and your beautiful family. Much love!