Sunday, September 7, 2008

All Puffed Up


Paul got home from Wood Badge last night around 5:15pm. We went over to his parents house for a family dinner then off to Zachary's (Paul's nephew) baptism. On the way home Paul was making me laugh....which is a HUGE part of why I fell in love with him....and continue to fall in love with him over and over again (setting aside his hotness factor). I was telling him how life with him around is way more fun then when he is gone. When I compliment Paul it tends to go to his head. I want him to know how much I enjoy and love him but sometimes I am very convincing and he lets himself get a tiny bit puffed up on his wonderfulness. So this morning while I was sitting in the sink doing my make-up he was getting out of the shower and said something to the effect "You're so lucky to have me home." I told him that yes I am lucky to have him home but comments like that bug me. I said a really really extra good man would say something like "You are so beautiful!!!! It's good to be back home. I love YOU!"

So when I was done with my make-up and brushing my teeth, Paul came to me and hugged me from behind. I had Listerine in my mouth and I was swishing. So we're looking at each other in the mirror and Paul is hugging me from behind and he said "I LOVE you Baby." I couldn't really say the words because my mouth was loaded with Listerine so I hummed "I love you too." Remember I had to hum it. Then Paul said "There you go getting all puffed up again!" He accused me of humming " I love ME too." I almost lost my Listerine and I definitely I fell in love with him all over again. The man is as funny (not to mention his HOT factor)!

I agree with him. I am so lucky to have him home........so long as he knows he's pretty lucky too.

7 comments:

kelly said...

There is not much better than a sense of humor!

amyburb said...

I just caught up on all your posts that I missed while I was gone. You do such a good job of keeping up and keeping everyone in touch. See you tomorrow morning!

bretandjulie said...

Ewww. You should really put a warning before a post like that. But I guess it's a good thing that you like him. Hope he had fun at wood badge.

The Gage Cage said...

Just in case others are wondering, the above (Ewww) comment is from Paul's little sister Julie...AKA Hulio.

BTW Paul hasn't stopped talking about wood badge since he got home. He LOVED it.

Becca said...

Of course he see's that he's got it too...just look at you!! You are beautiful, fun and amazing!! He's definatly one lucky guy!!!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I'm convinced it's a man thing. They gain a little weight, lose a little hair, and still think they are amazing. If only some of that unconditional self appreciation would rub off on us girls :)

Grandma Honey said...

This is one HOT post!
I had to call Dennis in from the other room to read it.