Paul left town for Wood Badge early Thursday morning. Thursday was a normal school day. Jet cried a little at dinner time because he missed his dad. When ever we went anywhere or came home Jet would see Paul's car and get excited to see him. After Thursday he got used to the idea of Paul being out of town. I love their sweet connection. All the kids miss him but are old enough to understand when I tell them Paul will be back Saturday night. Anyway, Thursday was the usual but we made Friday a little bit more fun.
The morning started off with playgroup at my place. From the left...Bella, Eliza, Kayla, Jet, and Brock. I am so glad I have good friends for my children! I thought this picture was so happy. They all had a spring in their step on the way to the car. So cute.
I called Tracy Dunning because her husband is at Wood Badge with my husband. We had a dinner and movie party together at my place. I made hot dogs for the kids and Chinese chic. salad for Tracy and I. It was nice to enjoy a yummy salad with her while the kids ate their kid food. Tracy brought a YUMMY fruit salad with the best pineapple I've had in a while and the HUGEST chitos I've ever scene. I had to take a picture because I couldn't believe how big they were.
After dinner we moved the couches and watched Sky High together. Right after the movies was over they went home to get to bed because our ward had grape picking the next morning.
Tyra, Kayla, Brock, Tracy, Eliza, Heidi, Adler, 1/2 Jet, Cannon
The TV Uncle Lee and Aunt Sonya gave us died not to long ago. Paul and I took the TV my parents gave us out of our room and on top of the non working TV. I took a picture because I think it looks funny to be watching the little screen on top of the big one. Who knows when Paul and I will decide to buy a new TV and/or entertainment center. We have been married for 10 1/2 years and have NEVER spent any money on those types of items before. So judging on how low it has been on the priority list in the past I don't think it will be any time soon.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
DAD is GONE, and the PARTY is ON!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We haven't purchased much in the tv area either. Ty would love a large flat screen tv, but now that we don't have cable, or an antenna for that matter, he hasn't mentioned wanting one. We have sure been enjoying I Love Lucy on dvd though. You don't need a big tv for that, you don't even need color!
I think it's great that you and the kids keep busy when Paul is gone. That's what I do when Chris is gone. It makes the time go by faster and not be sad.
I had to enlarge that group shot in your family room because I could not figure out who that man was...and then I realized it Adler!
That is great you and Tracey and the kids could get together.
By the way, I love that yellow table cloth against that red wall. Very pretty.
I was totally thinking the same thing as Holly. Good thinking to post it on your blog, maybe somebody nice will give you another TV.
Ha! I love the little TV on top of the big TV picture! Classic!
Post a Comment