Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Dress





I'm not usually surprised by Paul's likes and dislikes. One of the biggest surprises I have had in that regard is that Paul's favorite color is purple. Paul is such a mans man that I was super surprised by that
. When I wear purple I'm sure to get compliments from him. He seriously LOVES the color purple. Now on to his DISlikes..... Paul and I went to the temple last night and I wore my FAVORITE dress. Paul HATES this dress.... I LOVE it. I don't wear it very often...probably because I know how Paul feels about it. I remember the day I bought this dress. I found it at Ross and was SO excited that I called Paul at work to tell him I have found the coolest dress and couldn't wait to show it to him when he gets home. He got home and I got the dress out to show him. He looked at it with a very surprised expression then said"You're going to wear that around the house right?" We now tenderly refer to this dress as my house dress. Lucky for him it's, a little to big for me right now. I bought it when I was still nursing Jet ...probably about 10ish lbs ago. I can still wear it but it isn't a perfect fit....but I have not been able to part with it. I think I am the only one that can truly appreciate the dress. I seriously LOVE it. I think Paul is CRAZY to hate it but he is entitled to his wrong opinion. He likes the silk but doesn't care for the print. I was attracted to it from the moment I saw it on the rack. I have never been the type of girl that needs somebody else's opinion to help me form an opinion of my own..........my feelings on the dress stand firm. It's gorgeous!






notice the shoes......oh ya!

14 comments:

Gwen Hawkins said...

What?!?!?! That dress is DANG sexy!!! You look fantastic in it!! :) I wish it fit me so I could borrow it!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Oooohhh...I'll take it! Of course, your 10ish pounds ago is probably my 30ish pounds from today. There are a few things that I know that Roger doesn't like so much and it's hard for me to wear them...but he'd love that dress. And are the shoes an 8? I'll take them too.

Grandma Honey said...

Hey, I'm with you, that dress is gorgeous. So are you!

Tara Rickards said...

I think the dress is fun and there is nothing sexier than a woman who FEELS sexy! You rock that dress!

Kirsten said...

Don't let your hubby stop you...you look great!! Isn't it funny how we can be so excited about something but they aren't? Silly men! Maybe buy something purple for yourself for Christmas...then you'll both be happy. ;-) But don't stop wearing that dress!! And yes, cute shoes!

kelly said...

Well, YOU look great in anything! Thanks for the help with the mattress too, we made it their safetly! I need to ask you some questions about someone too, expect a call sometime!

kahnfam said...

I know how you feel. There are certain dresses that I love, but only wear when Chris is gone. You look hot in anything!

jenifer oyler said...

Krista, you are just gorgeous inside and out so it really doesn't matter what you wear. You make it look good. I had to LOL about what you said about having your own opinion about if you like something or not regardless of what others think. I'm the same way! We are sisters I guess!

Lisa said...

You make me laugh! Alot. I mean you have such a personality - I enjoyed this one alot. The whole package deal looks GREAT!

Nicole said...

I like it!

Of course, I think you would look good in a paper bag :)

grandpaz said...

I agree with Nicole, and when you were a teenager I though of putting you in a paper bag a few times......LOL. Just kidding, Krista you always look good to me. I am so jealous that all three of you girls are doing such a good job of keeping your weight down. We have the three most beautiful daughters in the world.

Silva Family said...

Paul doesn't like it because he doesn't want other men looking at you. I just may need to borrow it one of these days :)

The Gage Cage said...

ANYTIME Kristi! The only problem I might have about you borrowing my dress is that you will most definitely look better in the dress then I do...but then again I'd be happy for you. You would SO ROCK this dress.

RMCarter said...

My hubby hates my favorite dress too... but everytime I wear it, I get tons of compliments. So there!!! :P

Men are so silly sometimes.

I love that dress!