Last night Paul was outside doing yard work and I was inside waiting for my parents to come and pick Kayla up for her G & G Z birthday ice cream trip. (It's a new tradition my dad started when he bought his new convertible.) Heidi was jumping on the trampoline while Cannon and Paul were getting started on the yard work. Heidi fell through the springs and cut here leg open really good. Paul was edging the lawn and didn't hear her cry. Cannon ran over to Heidi then got Paul's attention. Paul came running in the house, cradling Heidi, and yelled call 911. Heidi's cut was so big we could see the bone. I called and help was to our house faster then I thought possible. Clovis is so nice for that reason!!! Heidi was in shock. I don't think she was really feeling pain. She saw her insides and was FREAKED OUT and TERRIFIED (kind of like Paul and me). It wasn't until they gave her this little bunny that she was able to calm down. I think that an awesome Eagle Project would be to have a large scale stuffed animal drive of some kind for Police, Firemen, and Paramedics. Even though they couldn't fix Heidi's leg they dressed it for us so it was sanitary and not bleeding everywhere while we waited in the ER and comforted her with the bunny. We were so lucky that my parents were on their way to our house to get Kayla!!! They got there at the same time the police and firemen and paramedics came. Paul and I were able to both take Heidi to the hospital . Grandma Z stayed home with Cannon and Jet. Grandpa took Kayla to ice cream, then stayed with Nedra while they waited for us to get home. Dad and Nedra missed their Family home Even group for us. Elder and Sis. Lawrence were speaking on their experience at conference. they made a huge sacrifice for us. THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I know it was a bummer to miss that. I regret that I wasn't able to get cute pics of Kayla driving in Grandpa's car with the top down. I'm just so glad things worked out as good as they could have!!! 
This is st the hospital about 1 1/2 to 2 hours after the accident. I'm surprised at how quick the body starts to heal itself! It had closed up quit a bit at this point. I'm sure the dressing the paramedics put on it was helpful. Luckily there was no fracture or ligament injuries. All she needed was a good cleaning and some stitches.
Heidi loves her bunny! She named it Bun Bun. She loved the carrot on the bunny's foot and wanted me to take a picture of it.
Pretty big gash for a little leg. =(

Our trampoline is low to the ground. It is supported by cement blocks. Heidi's leg went through the springs and her flesh was ripped by the cement blocks. Nobody is allowed to jump until we buy new pads. Does anybody know of a pad that will last for more then one summer before it gets destroyed by the sun? Please let me know if you have any suggestions!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
911
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow! These pictures made my cry. I don't know why, I'm such a baby. I was just sad that she got hurt so bad. She is such a sweety but the paramedics looked like really nice, clean cut, good men. Thank heavens for them! Heidi is such a cutie! I'm glad that it is nothing life threatening but that is a nasty cut! Poor girl.
OUCH!!! I hope she is okay!! What really scared me is that we have the exact same trampoline situation--built in the ground with no cover. The last homeowners didn't put one on...What's worse is ours is not surrounded by grass, it's surrounded by cement--yikes. The bright side is that she will impress the boys as she gets older with a "cool scar".
Wow, she was smiling in the picture with the EMTs! What a tough girl!
Oh my, poor thing! I would freak out. It's wonderful that she's smiling in all the pictures, what a trouper!
wow! that cut looks SCARY!!! i'm so glad she's ok... that is an awful thing to have happen to a little girl AND a mom!! when aidan got hurt on our trip a few weeks ago, i was a basket case!!! i'm so happy you guys had the help you needed.
Those pictures made me want to barf! I am so not ready for hospital runs... Oh and there's a picture of our Heidi look up Jordan & Heidi and she is beautiful!
Wow, I have missed a lot in the last week by not checking blogs! Yay for Clovis!!! Heidi is such a tough girl, I know I would have been flipping out in her situation, and in yours, good job keeping cool and being sure to get the camera too, thanks!
Post a Comment