Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Burbidge Boat, Summer 2007

Last summer (2007) Garret Burbidge was our Home Teacher. I loved him because he never over stayed his visit. His wife, Amy, is a close friend of mine as well. We got to know each other while serving in Young Womens together. Now I'm 1st Counselor in the Primary and she is a primary teacher. Amy and I still get together to work out. I don't know why I am bringing any of that up. It has nothing to do with the fun memory I'm putting in the blog. The Burbidges's have a boat and a membership to Wolf Lakes. They took us out a couple times and it was a blast! I never used to think I wanted a boat but after going out with them I realized how much fun it really is. I've tried to talk Paul's parents and my parents into getting a boat. They aren't interested. Maybe a few years down the road Paul and I will get one of our own. Until then, it's great to go when friends invite us out.Amy and I floating around.
the kids spent some time on the dock fishing. Heidi caught a clam. She is so cute to me! Can you see all the sun screen on her face? I seriously pack it on my children but they still get sooo tan in the summer. We go swimming and to Wild Water adventures a lot. My baby, Jet, is my only white child. His skin and hair are much lighter then my first three children.
Cannon
Heidi pretend fishing I think. And of course little Kayla floating around with her yellow (Kayla's favorite color) life jacket. Don't they look so happy. They had so much fun! That's most likely why I would like a boat. Not only is it fun for me, but I loved watching my children have a blast.



The below pics are from earlier in the season. They invited us all to go but Kayla got sick. Paul stayed home with Kayla and Jet and I took the Cannon and Heidi to Wolf Lakes. You can see we are all not nearly as tan in these pics as we were in the above pics.
Double click on the above pic to look at Cannons Eyes. He is such a Babe! The ladies don't stand a chance!
We played until the sun went down. It was sooooo much fun.
The kids got to do a lot of tubing. Garret would drive the boat in a way that would make it challenging to stay on the tube. The kids loved the roller coaster (just like me) aspect of the ride. They laughed tons when they would fall off. I know I said this already but I have to say it again. SO MUCH FUN!
Clare Burbidge and Cannon
Double click above pic to see the expressions on their faces. Looks like they like it!


It is so nice to be breaking out of the baby phase and into a little bit more freedom. I can't believe I didn't get any pics of Paul or Jet in the top pics but they were there too. Jet liked to ride in the boat on our laps and watch people being pulled on the tube. Paul and I both loved to take a ride on the tube too. Garret threw us both off a couple time. SO FUN!

4 comments:

bretandjulie said...

We need to get Jen to move back because Uncle Tad loves going out on the boat. I've never worried about wanting one, because I figured they would always have one. Too bad we live 2,000 miles apart.

The Gage Cage said...

No Joke! It was so fun when we all went to the cabin and the lake together. How did I not get pictures of that? Oh ya, I was pregnant with little Jet. Not that that is an excuse but when I'm pregnant I am definitely not on my A game!I hope they come back even if they have to give up the boat to do it. I hope you and Bret come back ASAP too! You girls do what you need to do then come back to Zion (aka Clovis).

Grandma Honey said...

I love your blog...now that I've found it. What memories you are creating for your children! And the pictures to go with it. If I could go back and do it again I would have done more "fun" things. Your family is beautiful and I love the different expressions on your kids' faces! Keep writing!

Jill

Kirsten said...

It is so fun to read of your past memories too. Your kids will treasure it forever. Tubing and boating are some of our very favorite things too. Ammon and I both have great memories growing up of summers spent playing at lakes and boating. You guys are such great parents and do a good job of creating such fun memories with your children!