Me,Gwen Hawkins, Kirsten Greenlaw, Linda Seagel, Mai, Nedra
Kenneth Cope
I (like many others in town) recently went to Time Out For Women. My Dad, once again, took this as an opportunity to spoil us. He drove us both ways Friday night and Saturday. We didn't have to find a space to park and walk to the theater. He just dropped us off right at the front door. Also, on Saturday, he purchased Subway sandwiches (for all the girls in the above picture) and had a grassy spot picked out for our lunch break. As we were excused for lunch, all the other ladies had to spend $20. on the lunch provided or go drive to a restaurant. We went to the front door to find my dad waiting for us. He took us the a nearby grass area he found. Then, he pulled out blankets for us to sit on, our lunch, drinks, paper plates and napkins. He thought of everything. Having a father on Earth like my dad, Don Zambrana, makes it so easy for me to develop a relationship with my Heavenly Father.
On another side note that doesn't have much to do with the talks.....When I got home Paul had the house clean and yard work done. I could tell he went out of his way to please me. He could have taken the opportunity to watch TV and waste time but he chose to work hard and please me instead. I love Paul because he is man enough to take over with the children and not be a cry baby about it. Not to mention the fact that he is irresistibly attractive! Paul is the definition of STUD in my book! Of all the tiles I've had, I have always been blessed to have good men in my life!
My favorite speaker was by S. Michael Wilcox. He shared his report cards from his childhood. From kindergarten up to his upper grade years his teachers made comments about his inability to behave. Then he found the report card a teacher the treated him well gave him. He said "Michael is a GOOD BOY" and other encouraging words. He said he would have done anything for that teacher. I hope I treat my children in a way that makes them have the desire to do the right things. He also talked about the song "Tell Me The Stories Of Jesus". He focused on the lyrics "Accents of Wonder" What I got out of it was that simply teaching the events isn't effective. We need to be sure we are bearing our testimonies so our children can feel the fire in our bosom. I hope my children NEVER doubt that I know Jesus is our Savior and we belong to HIS restored gospel. There were sop many great talks!!! Another highlight was Kenneth Cope. I love his music. I had a few of his CD's in high school and listened to them a lot. He is my favorite singer/song writer out side of the hymns. Now I am looking forward to Womens Conference in Utah, then off to Hawaii! =)
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Time Out For Women April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, that looks like so much fun...I'm glad that you were able to get out and have some girl time. Girl time does wonders for me!! If you are coming to Utah for Women's Confrence let me know...we should get together!!
it was a great day! i'm glad we all got to go together!! :) it was fun to get to know you better!
Ok did you try your name on the name thing? I tried Rebecca's and it shows there is only one of her! I found that hard to believe but fun at the same time!
I loved Time Out for Women! I want to go every year we have it, I think we need that. Your Dad sounds like an awesome guy. I brought my own lunch and kept it in a cooler in the car. I just couldn't fathom paying $20 for a sandwich!
I heard TOFW was coming to Fresno. How great that you got to attend! You and your sister Gwen look so fantastic--what is your secret??
Post a Comment