Cannon just underwent a surgery to repair his second hernia. His first hernia was on the left side of his groin. This one was on the right side. He had a scary experience the Sunday before the last week of school. He was walking around with his cousin Hailey and got goosed out by a dog poop in the back yard. I don't know why but looking at it made him gag. The gagging pushed out his hernia and caused a lot of pain. Then he really started to puke because of the pain. His hernia was hard and I could not push it back in. We rushed him to the ER. Gwen took my younger children home, bathed them, and put them to bed for me. Thanks Gwen!!!! After laying on a bed (for along time) with his legs propped up in the Er his hernia did go back in. We were able to take him home and not have an emergency surgery. He received the surgery on Tuesday June 10th 2008. He is nine years old. After the surgery the pain was to much for him to walk at all. Whenever he needed to go to the bathroom I had to carry his 75lb body around for him. Working out and lifting weights has definitely payed off. I'm so glad I'm capable to helping him. Lifting him up to put his underwear on was a major event. I felt so bad for him!!! There is nothing fun about recovering from a surgery! I set my alarm during the night to be sure his pain medicine never completely wore off. Now he walks funny but he walks! YEAH! He'll be swimming and playing around by Monday at this pace. I love you Cannon! Keep up the good work!
Above:They gave him a bear at the hospital. He named it Prayers. He remembered a story out of the "Friend" from a while back with a cat named Prayers. I don't really remember the story but I think it is a cute name.
Below:Cannon doing a word search in the "Friend" magazine while we wait for surgery. I love that magazine! It has been such a good influence on my family!
I took the below picture to show Cannon in the adult size hospital gown. The children size was too little so....
Cannon waking up from surgery feeling a lot of pain.
A popsicle and some morphine helped a lot!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Cannon 2nd Hernia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love that boy!! I'm glad he's doing better. You are such a good mom!
Poor baby! Hopefully that means that he doesn't have to worry about it anymore...
Poor guy--what a trooper. I hate coming out of surgery so it must be awful for a little person! Hope he's feeling better!
I can't believe all that he has gone through in his short life. Poor Guy! I hope he is doing better!
Post a Comment