Happy Father’s Day
As I reflect on you, my husband and Dad this Father’s Day,
I realize the men in my life couldn’t be stronger, or gentler I should say.
My heart is overflowing and bright.
I am totally amazed by your might.
You are so strong!
I have watched you overcome and suffer long.
You are full of Priesthood authority,
Because in your heart, selflessness is the majority.
Surrounded in your arms, I feel loved and protected.
I know you seek for inspiration and you are guided.
Combined with your strength, is a gentle heart.
You make me feel good about myself, beautiful and smart.
You offer me support divine.
Seemingly impossible goals soon will be mine.
Your love dulls the pain of my trials.
Memories of growing experiences go on for miles.
I will forever seek for your approval and praise.
To return your love, surely the bar I must raise.
You have given me your hand in love and friendship.
I can hardly express how highly I esteem our beautiful relationship.
The sacrifices, you have made, have not gone unnoticed.
In a world full of distraction and frustration, on important matters you stay focused.
I know you do your best and give me your all.
With eyes single to the Lord, we shall not fall.
As we strive to become perfect, like our Heavenly Parents,
Through the eternities we shall gain our inheritance.
Our Temple covenants are indestructible and eternal.
How joyful we’ll feel when we fully reach our potential.
To put my thoughts simply, from Heavenly Father, you are my gift.
I can always count on you to give me uplift.
Thanks for all you do!
I will always do my best to live righteously for you!
Your love will trickle down for many generations.
There is not a more blessed woman in all the nations.
You have given me the most beautiful times of my life.
I’m so glad to be my father’s daughter and my husband’s wife!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Fathers Day Poem I wrote for 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
what a sweet poem and tribute. your dad is awesome! he's raised some incredible kids! :)
we went to natural bridges state park in santa cruz. it is beautiful!! have fun wherever you go! (easy to do, right!?)
Krista,
I love your poem. You can always see the pride you have for Paul and for your Father. They are blessed to have you too! Thank you for all of the sweet comments you always leave on my blog. You are awesome!
It is always uplifting to see a couple who love and respect each other so much. Thanks for sharing.
Very nice poem
Post a Comment