So Heidi used to always ask if she could have her hair cut short. I always said "No way" and back in the day I used to have long hair. i would also say "Look at me I have long hair. That's how we Gage girls wear our hair." Then I turned thirty............and chopped my hair off. The first thing Heidi said to me when I picked her up from school was "Hey! That the hair cut I wanted!" I began to say when she turns 30she can cut her hair.
I've been trying to teach Heidi how to take a shower by herself. Her long hair is just to much for her to handle. I've been considering cutting it a little shorter but not too short. She is going to be 8 in Sept and I want to raise my children to be as self reliant as possible. In a lot of ways I realize when I baby them I'm not doing them any favors..........esp Jet......I'm still working on that one.... Anyway, I thought about donating her hair to locks of love. You need at least 10 inches of hair to do that. This morning I went for it. I cut 10 inches off both Heidi and Kayla's hair. Of course Kayla wanted her hair cut too. I gave them a typical bob with a subtle A-line. It isn't my favorite style for little girls but it will grow back. Maybe they can both learn how to shower themselves this summer. I am totally MORNING the loss of all the fun up-do's I used to give them. I'll probably curl their hair more then I used to. Maybe I'll invest in a wave iron.
Heidi's Before and After's




Kayla's Before and Afters




Thursday, June 19, 2008
Locks of Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Krista, I think they look totally cute. I love it. Hard to belive you took 10" off because they both still have lots of hair left. I am sure some cancer child out there will love having that beautiful hair and the girls will grow it back to donate again another day.
Krista, I think they look totally cute. I love it. Hard to belive you took 10" off because they both still have lots of hair left. I am sure some cancer child out there will love having that beautiful hair and the girls will grow it back to donate again another day.
I think it looks very cute!
Beautiful girls with beautiful hair, and they still have lots left. Hopefully they'll learn to wash it themselves and you can learn some new dos with shorter hair. (I still don't think their hair qualifies as "short" hair.)
I love that they donated their beautiful hair!!! What a great thing!! Their new hair do's are awesome!! But they would look adorable no matter how their hair is...
That's not "short" at all! I guess short hair is just subjective :) Totally cute. Put in a headband and and flip out the ends and you're set!
They look great. I need to get the info for locks of love. I'm growing my hair out while I'm working on losing weight so I can chop it and donate it. Your girls are beautiful!
GORGEOUS girls whatever their length of hair is. But what a great way to teach them to give. And with pictures as memories they will never forget it.
Good for you!! (I say that because I know it was harder for you than them!) That's a great lesson for them. Paige kept wanting to do the same thing, but we just kept trimming it a few inches at a time and now there's not enough to make 10 inches. Little girls have such beautiful, healthy hair that I think it is such an appreciated donation.
Their hair looks cute! When a girl knows what she wants, there is no way to convince her otherwise! What a great talent to be able to cut and style hair! You did a good job.
Holy lots of hair! I can't handle it long manly because I don't like getting all the tangles out. I'm sure you'll still find TONS of cute things to do. I can't wait to see the wave iron:)
Ummm, can I have some of that hair? Please?!?!?!
Your daughters will love the letter they get back. Katy has donated her hair three times and each time they send a certificate and thank you letter back to her. It really is such a good lesson and a great opportunity to open up a discussion with your kids. That's awesome they did this.
Post a Comment