Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Amy's Birthday Dinner

Last night Amy and some of her many friends got together for a birthday dinner. We all had an early FHE then went out for a late dinner at Tokyo Stake House. The food was awesome and the friendship was even better. I am really grateful for the friendships I've developed in this ward. It has been my favorite ward to date. With job changes and some hardships people are going through there might be some of my dear friends leaving. I love them so much that I don't think I'll loose touch even if they have to move. We are so lucky to have eachother. Our sisterhood keeps life sweet! Kresta Kraucyk, Krista, and the birthday girl Amy Burbidge.
Miranda Roberts, Rachel Ramos
Me and my personal trainer Lisa Arcia
Tina Ballard and Kresta Kraucyk
I made a candy gram for Amy's Birthday. I posted it to share the idea. I used to do these a lot in high school. My sister Gwen has started the tradition of making candy grams for the Z grandkids on their 8th birthday. One mutual activity we've done in the past is to make mini candy grams (3ish candies) for the less active girls then delivering them. Just an idea to throw out there.

After dinner Amy, Lisa, Miranda and I all went over to the Robinson's to swim then to enjoy spa talk in their hot tub. Thank you Robinson's for always letting us come over anytime day or night. Our summers wouldn't be complete with out spending time in your pool and with you!!! You are so good to everybody in the ward! We all love you right back! When I go swimming there Carla usually comes out to say hello, offers an otter pop to my children, chats with me and sometimes joins me in the pool. If I go to church and it has been a couple days since I've been there Mardee will say "You haven't been swimming in a while. I hope we see you tomorrow." they just really make you feel welcome. I dare say they act like I'm doing them a favor by invading their space and taking the kids swimming in their pool. Can you tell I love the Robinsons'? They really are very good people!

10 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Lisa Arcia is your personal trainer?? HAHA! I know her babies are all grown up now, but you can tell her that that in MY mind the word that comes to mind when I hear her name is "pregnant!" HAHA

Oh, you can tell Jenni Mills I said hi too. What a cutie Wesley is!

Grandma Honey said...

What great pictures! I loved seeing everyone! I'm so happy you are all such good friends. I remember when you all moved into the ward, one by one. And then look what happened!
Thanks for the reminder about that candy grams, too. I use to love making those but I'm sure grandchildren would really like them! Your sister has a great idea about making these for the 8 year olds in the family.

Karen said...

Krista,
Do you really have personal trainer or were you being funny? If so, I am soooo impressed!Karen

The Gage Cage said...

Lisa, Amy and I work out together. Lisa has a gym in her garage. Lisa's husband was a body builder and he puts together our work out routines for us. Lisa will not let us do a half job on our work outs. I tell Paul..."If something happens to me, Lisa was involved. I think she is trying to kill me." We have a lot of fun together. I give working out my all. Now if I could just eat less....

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Krista,

My friend had this link on her blog and I thought I'd pass it along to you. I'm pretty sure it's right up your alley :)

http://babesinhairland.blogspot.com

kahnfam said...

Your hair looks sooooo cute!

GREENLAW said...

that looks like such a fun night!! are all those girls in your ward? it's such a blessing to have good friends!

The Gage Cage said...

They are all in my ward. I would say this is about 1/3 of the super super wonderful ladies in my ward.

hawkins said...

what fun! I'm glad you went out and had a good time.

amyburb said...

Thanks for the fun pictures--and the very fun night out!! We are very lucky, aren't we?