Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Free Movie At River Park

Last week I went to the free movie with Gwen and her kids and Gabe and Logan. I just got my hands on a very very very easy and yummy recipe for caramel popcorn. Thank you Jenny Mills! I'll put that at the end of this post. We saw Shrek the 3rd. I have never seen it before. It was so funny.!!!!!! I think this was the first time I've been to a movie in over a year. It was so fun!Sisters with their new short hair do. Kayla and Heidi.
Morgan, Hailey, Cannon, Jet, Olivia, Kayla, Heidi, Logan


Jet loves to wear hats! I decided to try out a visor for him that day. He kept pushing it lower and lower. Finally, his hat became a necklace.=)

How do you like those Gage ears? That boy is so funny!

Caramel Popcorn
1/4 c. light Karo Syrup
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 stick butter
Melt butter and mix in sugar and syrup. cook on high (microwave) 2 min. Stir and cook another 2 min.
Stir and add:
1 tsp vanilla (I used three tsp.......no such thing as to much vanilla=))
1/4 tsp. baking soda

Mix well and pour over popcorn. (I used 3 microwave butter popcorn bags) Mix well in brown bag, fold over top, place in microwave for 1 more min. serve.

I skipped the last paper bag step. I mixed in a large metal bowl, covered it with saran wrap and let it cool over night. The next morning I put it in luck sacks. It was perfect!

2 comments:

Silva Family said...

That sounds delish, or as we say in the hood, bangin. It's still a little too much work for me. Next time, post something a little easier ;) As a newlywed, I don't have a lot of spare time to cook!

hawkins said...

You got some great pics. I love the one them all sitting in the theatre. The popcorn was soo yummy. I'm going to try it. we missed you this week. The movie was really good.