
7/11/08 - 7/12/08
We took a little family trip to Honington Beach. Jan (my sister) and her family met us there. They came down from Utah. We spent to day at the beach, slept in a hotel, then went to a Zambrana family reunion on Saturday. The whole experience was wonderful! I love the beach!!!! Paul had to work so he wasn't able to go. Aside from missing him it was perfect!



Uncle Garth and Aunt Barbara
Lisanne, Grandpa Z, Logan
Grandpa Z spent a lot of time making an amazing sand castle with 12 of his grandchildren. He also spent a lot of time in the ocean. My favorite was watching Grandpa and Uncle Garth taking Cannon out to the deeper part of the ocean. they each held one of Cannon's hands and lead out a ways off. They taught cannon how to ride the waves or in other words body surf. Cannon LOVED it and felt very comfortable swimming in the ocean. Towards the end of the day Garth asked to barrow a boogie board from somebody near by. Cannon was riding waves all the way to the shore. I recorded more with my camcorder then still shots with my digital camera.
After a long day at the beach (wasn't long enough though) we went to Costco picked up some pizza and headed over to our hotel. Nedra found a great place to stay. I had a room with two bathrooms, 2 queen beds, and a set of bunk beds. I put the boys in one tub, the girls in the other. After I had a shower we had our family scripture and prayer then tucked the kids in. Lately I've been reading "The Chronicles of Narnia" to the children while they lay in bed. That night Cannon was the only kids awake when I finished the chapter. I can't believe I didn't take any pics at the hotel!!!
The next day we got ready and went to a Z Family Reunion that was held at a park in LA. It was fun to see extended family that I haven't seen in a very very longs time. I think this is the 2nd time I've been able to go in 10 years. I was to busy watching my kids and visiting to take pictures ....I wish I had taken more. Heidi spent a lot of time playing horse shoes, flying kites and on the tire swing. Jet played with bubbles. Kayla loved the swing and playground area. We all had a wonderful time!
Kayla Monkey and Jet monkey
Good night. Sleep tight.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Honington Beach and a Zambrana Family Reunion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! I'm glad that you had the opportunity to go. Especially for your children. All the sudden I got on a family history kick and have been amazed at all the information that I have. Not just the pedigree charts and family group sheets, but actual stories of the lives of my ancestors. It makes me realize how important it is to write our stories and histories down.
I LOVE Huntington Beach! That is my beach. I grew up going to that beach several times a year. I'm glad you guys had fun. I would have liked to see pictures of the hotel. I kick myself all the time for not taking enough pictures.
Once again Krista, you took such great pictures! I ought to follow you around for tips. I wish, like you mentioned, that you would have taken pictures of the hotel room. I've never heard of one like that!
Post a Comment