Sunday, July 27, 2008

Welcome Jennifer Thompson!!!

This is Jennifer Thompson. She just married Ken about two weeks ago. She moved here from Canada to marry Ken. I am excited for her to join the Clovis 3rd Ward Family! I was flattered to receive a call from her on Thursday to see if I would do her hair for their open house on Friday. (I said YES...can I please do your make-up too?)I think they just came in from their honeymoon. I don't know how she heard about me but I'm glad she did. I can't imagine how nerve racking it must have been for her to plan a wedding with her being sooooo far away. Now she is married and starting a new life far away from her family and friends at home. LUCKY FOR HER SHE'S IN OUR WARD! She was fun to talk to and I was glad to get a nice one on one opportunity to get to know her. I'll share with you what I learned....She was a teachers assistant for several different grade levels. Her most recent grade level was elementary. She will have to wait for six months for for Visa before she can get a job in the states. She is a returned missionary....I can't remember where she served. That's a good question for you all to ask her when you get the pleasure of meeting her. I'm looking forward to getting to know her better! She is a great girl!

Isn't she lovely?! I am amazed at the trust she gave me. We had never met eachother at all before she showed up to my house to get ready for her open house. I had been swimming all morning with my kids and all their Z cousins. I didn't want to take a shower and have humid conditions for her hair. Needless to say I had frizzy, half wet, half dry hair and no make-up on. I was wearing sweats..........Let me just say, I wouldn't let somebody looking like me touch me with a ten foot pole to prepare me for a no big deal event....let alone an open house for my wedding! She was such a trusting person and didn't hesitate at all!!!!! She told me her hair was sort of short but somehow the hairdresser in Utah was able to get it all in an up-do. She emailed me a pic, I studied her face, made plans and said a few prayers on her behalf. I was so nervous because I didn't know her and I usually have a dress rehearsal before the event (prom or whatever) so I know the girl feels beautiful and doesn't go to their event disappointed in the way I did things. My least favorite type of person to do over is the type that is uncomfortable saying they dislike something.Since I didn't know her and she didn't know me I was afraid she wouldn't feel comfortable enough to say she doesn't like a certain color of eyeshadow or something... My prayers were answered and there were no awkward moments.
Getting her hair in an up-do was a little tricky...but a very fun challenge! I love the detail on the sides. I was covering up the rubber bands and ended up with a French twist looking effect

Of course to get the bottom to stay up a topsitail or two did the trick. I bet she had a great time getting the million rubber bands and bobby pins I stuck in her hair.;-)

8 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Wow, what a welcome to the ward this must have been for her! I'm sure she will always remember how you switched gears so quickly on busy your day to help her...and you were happy to do it. She and Ken sure look a like. I am anxious to meet her and get to know her better, but you have given me a running start. Thanks!!

kahnfam said...

You need to open a hair boutique or something. You are very talented, and it sounds like word is getting out and how good you are. I wish I would have known when I was in Clovis and had to go to all those military balls!

amyburb said...

You did such a nice job! I wish you could do my hair for the wedding I have to go to--could you come to Sacramento on Saturday? :)

Kirsten said...

Wow! You are one talented girl!! Great job on the hair. Too bad you couldn't give a step by step tutorial on that! ;-) I bet she loved her hair and felt beautiful.

Jennifer said...

Hey Krista I found your blog and you are so awesome. Jen is so pretty and you did such an excellent job on her hair and makeup. Someday I'm going to need a reason for you to do my hair and makeup all pretty, maybe david and i can have a wedding since we just eloped I really want to get remarried and have pictures, a dress, and a cake things like that.

Candice said...

I wish I had an event to get ready for. I will definitely call you when I do. You look fabulous in your pictures. You even look great in the makeover you got from your daughters! How fun.

kelly said...

As always, beautiful job. We should get together again soon! I turn 30 next week, wanna give me a makeover? jk!

The Gage Cage said...

Anytime! Give me a call.