Thursday, July 3, 2008

Is it a mad house?

SO I went to Costco today to get some fresh fruit for our 4th of July party at Mike and Mechelle's tomorrow. I was leaving the store and approaching my van to load up kids and groceries. A nice older lady got out of her car and asked "Is it a mad house?" I assumed she was talking about my four children and my life at home. I gave a big smile and a little giggle and said"Only on the good days." I get a lot of comments about being "busy" and I always say "I'm lucky that way." I am grateful to be a mom. I always want to send that message to my children as they hear me respond to comments that aren't exactly mean but may not be perceived as positive either. Anyway, the lady realizing that I misunderstood her said..."No . No. I mean is it a mad house in Costco." We both got a chuckle out of the conversation .....

5 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I love that you turn even what you thought was a negative into a positive, especially around your children. It is those little things that are huge to our kids later on.

hawkins said...

Thats cute. You are a very good mom Krista! I'm so glad I have you to learn from.

kahnfam said...

That's funny! Happy 4th of July to you, too!

Jessica Havican said...

LOL! What a funny situation! Thanks for the recent comment. He actually does know about my blog and we're to the point where it's ok to do that. :-) If you know what I mean. ;-)

GREENLAW said...

cute story... sounds VERY familiar! we get LOTS of comments... especially when i'm out with all four... many comments are questionable, but we do get nice ones as well. those are great! :)