Sunday, July 27, 2008

Getting Made Over by Heidi and Kayla

Today has been the most quite Sunday I can remember having ever.............Paul is on a cruise, I didn't have any extra church meetings. We stayed home just my four children and me. It was nice BUT I am so grateful that it isn't the norm for us. I am so glad to live close to the Gage's and to the Zambrana's. Usually I don't let the children watch anything on TV at my house on Sunday's, but today we watched "The Ultimate Gift" together while Jet took a nap. I laid on the floor to watch it. Kayla ended up laying on my back (I laid on my stomach). She was playing with my hair then she had the bright idea to give me a make-over. She and Heidi went to the bathroom and came back with two combs and a million flower clips. They took turns giving me make-overs during the movie. Even Cannon took a turn doing my hair (shhh don't tell Paul). The girls were loving it! I was too. We made plans to go to beauty school together while they are teenagers. (I have had plans to go to beauty school with them for some time but never discussed it with them. At this point they are ALL for it!) I hope we really can do it. It would be such a great way for them to support themselves or their husbands through college...however life works out for them. It is also a great way to earn a little money and still stay home with their children. We'll see how life turns out. Either way it was a fun experience having my girls enjoy walking in shoes like mine for an afternoon. They had so much fun not watching me give make-overs but do the make-over on me. I love Kayla's cheeks! They are so pinchable and kissable!! She is irresistible!

3 comments:

hawkins said...

That is hilarious!!!!! What a great memory for you guys to have.

Grandma Honey said...

Now THAT picture is priceless!!!
We were wondering where Paul was. After we got home from church yesterday Den said, "Paul wasn't there today." We talked about it and decided Jet must have been sick and he stayed home with him...because we didn't see Jet either. Glad we were wrong....a cruise is much better!

kahnfam said...

That's about what I look like when Kayla does my hair. Of course, I don't have as many hair clip as you and Gwen. I think that girls think more is better!!!