We started the morning by spending a little bit of time at Aunt Gweny's house to play with some Z cousins. We stayed there until it was time to go home for naps......

Then we went to Handford to spend the evening with the Gage's. Mike and Mechelle have such a nice set up for the big gatherings. They live on a couple acres and have a pool. We ate, then swam until the sun started to go down. Then we got dry, had desert, and finally played with fireworks.
Shelly (Paul sister) and Cory Eagar's daughter Sarah. I loved the spouts of hair on the top of her head!
Melanie came and told us there was a frog in the pool. I didn't take her seriously because she didn't seem surprised or scared. Sure enough...there was a frog in the pool. Kids know what they are talking about. I should start taking them more seriously then I do.
Grandpa Gage. Grandma and Grandpa made home made ice cream and brownies. Life is so good!
Heidi. Swimming is her happy place. If she could live in water she would.
Jet liked checking out all the new pool toys.
Paul and Cannon......being boys. =) I love my boys!
Paul and Jet being boys.
Cannon has very cute swimming hair. There is something about morning hair and swimming hair that makes me smile.
Mike (Paul's brother) and Mechelle's oldest son Bryce. It's rare for him to willingly allow his picture to be taken. This one is a great because that's the Bryce we know. Playful, creative and cute. He doesn't always like to express that in pictures.........boys.
Shelly, Sarah, and a sparkler.
I used to love snakes when I was a kid. All the Gage cousins liked them too.
Jet, of course, was scared of the fireworks. It was actually a good thing. He stayed a safe distance and wasn't crying. He felt safe enough to be part of the fun in the comfort of Grandma's arms. He spent a lot of time with his hands over his mouth and also blowing as if he would be able to put out the fire. It was more fun watching him cuddle with Grandma then watching the fireworks. Lucky for Jet, Grandma loves to cuddle with her Grandchildren. I guess that is lucky for her because I don't think Jet would have taken no for an answer.
The day was filled with family and good memories. Mike and Mechelle let Cannon, Heidi, and Kayla spend the night. Paul and I went home with Jet. The next morning we went out looking at very nice vacant houses for fun. Paul and I both love looking at houses. Being a R.E. agent has it's perks! Model homes are fun, but costume homes are serious eye candy! We want to expose ourselves to as many houses as possible so when he designs and build a house for us we really know what we want. Who know when we will build but it is a goal we are really shooting for.
We also went to the Library. I checked out "The Chronicles of Narnia" by C.S. Lewis. I've read a few chapters to the kids and they are hooked. We'll see if they stay interested all the way to page #767. We have never seen the movie. I figure we'll watch it after we are done with the book.
I think my next book I'll read to the kids will be "Tennis Shoes of the Nephites'.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Independance Day 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Great pictures of everyone. Looks like it was a fun party! I love Jet cuddling up with Mom. Fireworks are exciting yet scary. Your Costco story was great! What did you think of the house you looked at?
We looked at several houses. Paul and I have yet to see a single house that we thought was perfect. We just enjoy looking at them and getting ideas. For us it's free, fun and we feel productive. It makes us more determined and willing to sacrifice now for what we hope for later.
cute pics! looks like a super fun day. we love cousins, too!! :)
Wish we could have been there. Homemade ice cream and brownies sounds very yummy!
So fun, I love the pics of the kids at the beginning, they look so festive, and your girls hair looks cute as always.
I love all your pictures! I'm glad you guys had fun and are able to spend so much time with your family. By the way, that frog was huge!
How does a mother of 4 with perfect hair have time for all of this blogging? I signed on after just a few days and you've posted like 4 new postings, with a million pics!!! I so desperatly need a camera.
Glad you all had fun! Jet is quite the swimmer. I love the pic of all the heads..very fun!
It is so awesome that your kids have the amazing opportunity to grow up with their cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparents surrounding them! These holidays are extra special with everyone! You have such a great family and you do a great job as parents teaching your kids how important family is! Thank you for your example. I feel lucky despite not having family around to be surrounded by families like yours!!
The video of Paul reminds me of a LONG time ago when we all used to swim at Bob & Darlene's! Good times. And Cannon is so handsome! I think I say that everytime, but I just remember when he was a baby and now he's going on teenager!
PS when are the Hanford Gage's getting a blog?!!
Wow--great pictures! I love that you can still manage some cute do's for your girls even with the shorter hair!
Post a Comment